Going to the pictures

Cannot understand the muted response to the ending of the film. It’s perfect, just requires the viewer to do a bit of thinking.

Really enjoyed Three Billboards, though as much as I like Frances McDormand, there’s no way she deserved the Oscar for essentially playing a typecast role. Thought Sally Hawkins (The Shape Of Water) would have been a much worthier recipient, or even Margot Robbie in ‘I, Tonya’.

I think having it off with a fish may have scuppered her chances .

Ready Player One is quality.

Trailer looks great though I have heard it’s completely different from the book so some people were let down by it .

Saw Avengers Infinity Wars last night .
Long enough but decent , even though Brolin was CGIed as Thanos , i think he’s been the best villain yet in any of these films .

Ah no… That has to be cate blanchett! Savage looking in that get up!

Went to see 2001: A Space Odyssey last night in the ifi. They have the new 70mm print. Well worth seeing if you are a fan of the film. It looks fantastic projected and it is a pure cinematic experience (especially the stargate sequence). Incredible to think he film is 50 years old considering the quality of the special effects.

deadly, would love to see it. One of my all time favourites.

Kubrick. So far ahead we haven’t caught up. The effects serve the story. One of the very few sci-fi films where that’s the case.

Brilliant film, and it hasn’t dated. There is no dialogue in the first 25 minutes nor in the last 23 minutes. In all the space sequences only music is heard which is correct as sound cannot travel in a vacuum. I still remember the thrill of seeing it in the Cinerama on Talbot St.

This sounds amazing :rofl:

Neeson has no shame anymore.

Jesus. You’d park your pride right sharpish too, if someone offered you $20 million quid, for 4 months work at the grand old age of 66. :laughing:

Sounds like a remake of “In Order of Dissapearance”.

That was a Swedish film about a snowplough driver who takes revenge on drug dealers etc…

It was a decent film though.

I have principles. And if you don’t like them, I have some other ones here somewhere…(Groucho Marx)

Caine was no stranger to some awful films if the money was right

Please say he hums the Mr. Plough jingle when he is killing the bad guys with his m60

It’s where my mind went on reading the description as well.

On Chesil Beach with Saoirse Ronan should be out very soon if not already.ooking forward to that