Leave Kerry alone - who are we gonna hand out whippings to in the AI if they’re gone?
Leo - Couldn’t care less. It’s not like he grabbed power, people generally agreed he should be there - I don’t care deeply enough one way or the other.
My biggest gripe with Republicanism is the fact that generally, a United Ireland is seen as some kind of Greenwash - and that ain’t ever gonna happen. It’s a reunification, not a hostile takeover. So think about a potential first conversation that might take place, with some imaginary figurehead, let’s call them Billy Orange:
Us: Anyway Billy, whadda ya say to getting back together, and giving this whole Ireland thing a go?
Bill: F**K off laddie, we’re not having you Taigs takin’ over.
Us: Ah relax Big O, it’s not like that any more, sure most of the gang down south don’t even go to mass any more.
Bill: That nae matters, shure yeas will just persecute us our our heritage.
Us: Tell ya what Billy, what would you want to consider it?
Bill: Dunno, ever gave it any thought, tae be honest.
Us: Here, you boil the kettle, and get the tea on and NONE OF THAT BARRYS SHYTE.
Bill: Right so.
Us: Tell you what, here’s on opening offer:
- Rejoin the commonwealth.
- Keep the Euro, stay in the EU.
- New constitution, new Flag, agreed in advance.
- Share the seat of government between Belfast (upper house) and Leinster House (Lower). To be honest, Storment is a nicer Gaff, we don’t mind if we move it all there, but Civil offices stay where they are, those f**kers moan enough as it is, without moving them.
- Big Orange Parade in Dublin every year, but with none of yer shytehawkin’.
- You guys can have the first Minister for Finance and Education - that will sort out the finances and get the Church out fairly sharpish. Irish is now an optional Subject in Primary.
- We will automatically recognise Dual Citizenship for Ireland/UK, for anyone who wants it.
- We kick the whole thing off with a month long bender - You guys supply the Whiskey, we’ll do the beer.
What does Bill say?