Fitzgibbon 2018

2-15 to 10 with 10 mins left

2-16 to 1-11

Full time. 2-20 to 1-12

Cheers Dave. Some scoreline…

Any stand out performers from both teams ?

Massive strides for DCU hurling - no longer just a football college! Congrats to Paul OBrien, Rochey and all the lads. Dónal Burke and John Donnelly standout DCU players, paudie foley distributed great ball and Conor Delaney is a born leader. Good to see Fionntán McGibb back - he was DIT’s best.

UL beat Carlow fairly comfortably so DCU vs UL final

Great result for DCU. The draw and results have been kind to them this year which is what you need at times in that competition. That and a better callibre of entrant has them in a great position now. With it not being a weekend anymore I think some of the gloss has been taken off it for players but a mouthwatering final ahead for those interested in it. Final is next Saturday/Sunday. That will be a few more players unavailable for Galway game I’d imagine. Both ourselves and Limerick will have had a good few playing fitz also this week.

Any idea where the final is? I’d imagine UL are favourites, but some run by DCU to get where they are. Saw highlights of the goals there, very small crowd. families and friends + a few more, shame considering two Dublin colleges at home.

It’s in Mallow on Saturday live on TG4

There’s some good footage of lasts nights game on the Gaa.ie website. Burke and O Donnell interviewed. No link sorry.

Great result for DCU. It’s a chink of light for where we’ve been recently here in Dublin. That and the Cuala story really keeping us afloat. Good news for Gilroy et al going forward too.

In fairness a lot of DCU lads are not from dublin. Nice to see the Dublin lads do well with them but it means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Id have to disagree.

There’s a strong Dublin contingent on the team. Albeit with a lot of their country cousins. It’s a nice blend, both sets learning off each other.

It also gives some of our young guns great exposure at mixing it with the big boys at elite level. Donal Burke has been sensational. If he was the only dub on the UL team id be cheering for them.

As it happens we’ve several togging in the final against UL. Apologies if I get a small bit optimistic!

I’m not saying DCU getting to a fitzgibbon final is the making or breaking of Dublin hurling. But the way we had been headed it’s a nice positive distraction atleast.

for what it’s worth, based on a quick look at the teams more players from Dublin than any other county featured in the two semis - 8 started and 13 featured at some stage
Not the star power of the UL Tipp lads but still impressive

They’re not giving DCU much of a chance

The final being live streamed by TG4! Throws in shortly

UL by two at HT

Closer then some predicted

UL pulling away with the breeze. Did Eoin Conroy just come on there? That’s good news.

certainly looked like Conroy alright

UL pulling away a little now