Europa League 2018/19

This minute???

Is Connecticut the most boring place on earth ? Is there no where for you to go for a walk or is scanning useless Eastern European football teams results the height of excitement for you?

Ah that’s a bit OTT. I doubt there’s a single poster here who didn’t appreciate the in depth report on the Ajax (pronounced Eye-Axe) v Dinamo Kiev (pronounced Dynamo Kiev) on the CL thread.

Ajax v dynamo Kiev if only ( actually watched some of that ) . Jaysus you have done a report on it.Prefer the joe kinnear pronounciation , like the toilet cleaner A-jacks

Thanks Dub09.

Whoosh…

Dudelange abides…

Didn’t some group write a song about them, “He’s So Fine”, which later became the centre of a massive legal battle over the song My Sweet Lords(about a cricket team) which resulted in Ex-person George Harrison losing alorra lorra lolly? Presume the original song was about the Dudelange striker of the day, with the line “I wish he were mine” reflecting a followership of another club, presumably Dudelange’s main rivals in the city, the name of whom escapes me.
This would have been a very risky song to release at the time owing to the notorious Luxembourg football hooligan problem, which itself was later brilliantly and evocatively portrayed in the rebellious and violence-provoking Alice Cooper song “Schools Out for Summer”.

I thought you didn’t do irony?

HT Zenit 0 Molde 1

Zenit had most of the posession in the game but only created on real chance as a Dzyuba scuffed shot was touched onto the post by Sebastian Driussi (best player on the pitch in the 1st half). Right before half time Molde got their goal from seemingly nowhere as a poor giveaway gave the ball to Eirik Hestad who finished accurately in the bottom left corner. Zenit need to push on and score a few goals in this second half or they will have a very difficult task next week in Norway.

Ah I don’t think Dzyuba scuffed the shot really he just didn’t catch it right.

FT Zenit 3 Molde 1

Zenit close the game very strong and score 3 goals n the last 25. Dzyuba the equaliser with a typical header on a great cross by Driussi. Zenit took the lead when Dzyuba curled shot came of the post only for Anton Zabolotnyi to hit the rebound of Molde center half Ruben Gabrielsen an into the net. Molde would of been in a good position 2-1 down with the away goal going back to Norway but Zenit got what could be a crucial 3rd goal in the 90th minute when Slovakian Robert Mak put a corner into the middle that wasn’t dealt with. All kinds of havoc in the box when eventually Slovenian center-half Miha Mevlja toe poked the ball into net.

Advantage Zenit going into next week. Molde will need more out of 18 yr old forward Erling Braut Håland who showed glimpses of brilliance but Molde didn’t have enough of the ball for him to show off his full repetoire.

HT Genk 2 Brondby 0

Brondby started out well with Hany Mukhtar hitting the cross bar but faded badly at the end of the half. Ruslan Malinovskiy and Alejandro Pozuelo dictating play in midfield once again tonight. Pozuelo curled cross headed home by Tanzanian Mbwana Samatta. It was a bullet header about 12 yards out. Genk got a penalty right before half time after Leandro Trossard’s cross went off of Brondy captain Johan Larsson and Trossard stepped up and scored the penalty.

Any chance of a ht report on Rangers?

FT Genk 5 Brondby 2

What a second half. Brilliant display despite giving up 2 away goals to start the 2nd half. First under controversial circumstances. Paulus Arajuuri’s header saved by Aussie goalie Danny Vukovic. The rebounded headed back on by Icelandic international Hjortur Hermannsson and appeared to be hooked clear of the line by Sebastian Dewaest but the ref said the ball went over the line and with no VAR in Europa or Champions League at this stage the goal was given. Brondby then equalized when Ante Erceg cross deflected off Colombian center-half Jhon Lucumi and came into the path of Kamil Wilczek who finished calmly. But Genk kept pushing. They nearly went in front when Pozuelo’s cross near post met by Dieumerci N’Dongala just hit the bar. Shortly after Genk got their 3rd off a short corner and then another stunning cross by Ruslan Malinovskiy headed home by Samatta. Brondby played riskily out the back and got caught when an errant pass was taken away by the Spaniard Pozuelo. His shot saved but Samatta was there to side foot the rebound into the bottom corner for his hat-trick. Genk got a 5th right at the end. Substitute Joseph Paintsil a summer signing from Ferencvaros in Hungary squeaked a pass in to Leandro Trossard who finshed calmly for his 2nd. At 4-2 Brondby still would feel optimistic but that 5th goal for Genk at the end will make things really difficult back in Denmark.

Are these your match reports ?

Yeah. Not sure if its long enough for a match report though.

No, no it’s loads long. And about 14 different players mentioned just the once. Amazing.

F91 Dudelange 2 Cluj 0

I just the score

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2018/08/23/europe/uefa-cup/f91-dudelange/scs-cfr-1907-cluj-sa/2885963/?ICID=HP_MS_01_10

You watched all these games ??

I watched the 2 I posted on. But that score above is quite something. Zenit v Molde and Genk v Brondby.