Europa League 2018/19

Time for Salzburg vs Celtic!

You must really love the ground football to be able to watch all these matches. We must get you over for a Dublin derby.

@BohemianDub can you sort Ohm out with a ticket for the next Bohs v Rovers game

Can sort that not a bother

Sorted @Ohm. I am sure @DUB09 will let you stay in his gaffe too

Love to but I’ll be at a funeral

Half time here and Rodney tells me Olympiakos are 1 zip in Milan so we may need to come away from sun kissed Seville with something other than some nice juicy vitamin C filled oranges.

Sinani doing well up front though he did scuff a chance with his left while Turpel never put his laces through another shot. It’s really hot though. Frising has made a few good stops and Prempeh and Schnell are rocks at the back ably assisted by Jordanov and El Hriti tucking in from full back. Kruska and Couturier are battling in the middle against technically superior opposition but are not lacking in effort. If we can release Mellise and Stolz on the flanks and get their full backs turned there could be something in this for us.

Atmosphere is electric with all us Dudelangers singing ‘You’re never gonna bate us’ (pronounced Betis). It’s real good fun. I’m sure nobody wants to see the Langers out. Off for a beer now with Luca to cool down.

45 to go until Dudelange dudelange du, we’re in he-ee- aven!

Ps The baldy guy is behind me tonight

HT :austria: Salzburg 0 :scotland: Celtic 1

Even though they had attempts at goal that was a poor half from Salzburg. An early mistake and slip from center half Andre Ramalho allowed Odsonne Edouard in behind who finished into the far corner. The noticeable thing about Celtic is how much time they have taken over goal kicks and free kicks. Takumi Minamino the best player for Salzburg in that half. Moanes Dabbur needs to show more. He has 5 goals in 5 european matches this season so far. A poor half from right back Stefan Lainer. Xaver Schlager with a strike outside the box wide of goalie Craig Gordon in the end. Some nice link up play from the likes of Hannes Wolf and Dabbur but no end product. Minamino got in behind once crossing for Dabbur but it was headed away. Lainer’s one good low cross lead to a chance but Minamino couldn’t reach it in time to tap in at the back post.

FT :austria: Salzburg 3 :scotland: Celtic 1

Much better 2nd half from Salzburg. Stefan Lainer with a cross floated in headed on by Minamino across to Hannes Wolf who cut back for Dabbur to score into the far corner past Gordon. Salzburg went in front 6 minutes later when Captain Andreas Ulmer’s cross wasn’t dealt eventually controlled by Takumi Minamino who poked into the net. Ulmer again part of the 3rd goal as he got in behind James Forrest who brought him down in the box and then Forrest was sent off for being the last man. Dabbur stepped up and put the penalty straight down the middle. He scored 2 on the weekend at Wolfsberger and got another 2 tonight in the Europa League. A quiet by effective game for defensive midfielder Diadie Samassekou. The Mali international just kept play ticking over. Zlatko Junuzovic off the bench hit the woodwork late on. He also bent effort just wide off Gordon’s net a few moments earlier. Salzburg top of the group with 6 points and have won 15 and drawn 2 in all competitions too this point.

We don’t have a Scotland flag?

That’s not fair not putting up St Andrews saltire when everyone else gets a flag. Bad show Ohm.

I just asked above what is the code for the scotland flag?

You always pick on the poor poor right full. Why exactly was he poor? They’re only one down and that to a CH mistake and Celtic don’t seem to be attacking. I think you’re spoofing us. Anyway back to 2nd half here in sun kissed Espana - ciao.

Nooooooo Sanabria scores. Place erupts. Sugar. Need to go for it now. Have a programme for you Ohm if you can read Spanish.

Lainer was excellent in the 2nd half

Oh, oh big ol’ Stefan Lainer,
Don’t carry me too far away
Oh, oh big ol’ Stefan Lainer,
'Cause it’s here that I’ve got to stay

Moanes Dabbur,
ra da da da da,
je t’adore.

Each time I hear,
ra da da da da,
Moanes, Moanes, Dabbur

Running away together
Running away forever
Rangelo
Running away from danger
Hiding from every stranger
Rangelo

This could be the end of everything
So why don’t we go
Somewhere Minamino
Somewhere Minamino
Somewhere Minamino

HT :norway: Sarpsborg 1 :belgium: Genk 0

What a great first half for the hosts. They took the lead inside 5 minutes off a backheel finish from Patrick Mortensen wearing 69 for some reason off a Jon Helge Tveita low cross into the middle. Particular impressive in the first half was the Sarpsborg center mid Kristoffer Zachariassen who fired an effort just over Danny Vukovic’s net. Genk started to get in behind Geir Bakke’s sides defense when Alejandro Pozuelo put Leandro Trossard through out wide. His cross was a bit to strong for Dieumerci N’Dongala though. Pozuelo had a free kick headed by N’Dongala that was pushed away and punched as well by Russian Alexander Vasyutin. Pozuelo had anothe chance blocked at the top of the 18 yard box. Goalscorer Mortensen had a bullet effort pushed away by Vukovic as well. Sarpsborg have used the long throw weapon quite a lot in the first with it giving to much trouble to Genk.

FT :norway: Sarpsborg 3 :belgium: Genk 1

Genk came out of the locker room the much stronger team to start the 2nd half and they equalized within 4 minutes of the restart. When Pozuelo played wide to Leandro Trossard. Trossard forced out wide still managed to beat Alexander Vasyutin in net. Sarpsborg hit straight back though when a long throw from left back and captain Joachim Thomassen hurled in a long throw headed on by Estonian center back Joonas Tamm headed away by Genk forward Tanzanian Mbwana Samatta only as far as Patrick Mortensen who’s shot was block but right there was Kristoffer Zachariassen to bury the loose ball into the net. Sarpsborg got their 3rd when Zachariassen layed off to Mortensen. Mortensen with a good finished stroked into the far corner of the net. Leandro Trossard nearly got one back with an effort just outside the box stinging the top of the crossbar. Then Trossard had to go off due to a shoulder injury and Genk had to play with 10 having made all 3 subs. A late Matti Lund Nielsen strike just tipped over by Vukovic. Genk’s first loss in any competition this season. Sarpsborg with a famous European night and with Malmo beating Besiktas in the other group match all 4 teams in Group I are sitting on 3 points after 2 matches.

Not you best effort. I’m not Keane on it.

Ra ra Vasyutin
Lover of the Russian queen
There was a cat that really was gone
Ra ra Vasyutin
Russia’s greatest love machine
It was a shame how he carried on