Europa League 2018/19

Do any of them really care anymore? I can imagine alot of players just laughing it off these days, such is the culture in top level soccer. Hope I’m wrong

No clue why. He’s been very good for Feyenoord this season as well.

Did it for a bet?

Just a quick mention for Dudelange who are at Betis in Andalusia this Thursday. I’m sure Dub09 is thinking up a new chant with the Dudelange ultras.

If you dropped the Andali they would be in the USA just like you

De-de…de-de-de…Dudelange are deadly!!!
(Areosmith - Dude looks like a lady)

Really looking forward to this one and a bit of autumn sun. My Dudelanger mate Rodney says they hope to have 250 Ultras down for it. Never been to Seville but it’s been on my bucket list for years - the real home of Oranges not them basteds up the road. Think it’ll be safe to wear the short sleeve away shirt but I hope that baldy lad isn’t stood in front of me on Thursday.

Ohm fact: Did you know that Betis & Seville’s stadiums are just two miles apart.

Did you know a dubliner Patrick o Connell was Betis manager when they won the Spanish league in the 1930s.

Don Patricio!

Si senor that be the man. Better known for managing Barcelona .

Heard Karl Deely just signed for Dudelange?

Knee-length shorts or those just above the ankles yokes that are really just trousers that are too short?

28 degrees here in Seville - expected to hit 32 later on. Dudelangers here in force behaving impeccably as all Luxembourgers too. One guy dropped a tissue out of his pocket and two other fans made a citizen’s arrest and fined him €50 for littering. Rodney, Noah and Luca have brought their wind instruments and are about to strike up here at the Plaza de Espana. Otherwise their is little wind.

Dudelange dudelange du, I’m in he-ee- aven

There is an early game in the Europa League today as Astana host Rennes.

Don’t tell the score!! I’m taping it for when I get home from here. The oranges here are absolutely lovely by the way.

HT :kazakhstan: Astana 0 :fr: Rennes 0

Not many chances for either side. M’Baye Niang a long range effort over the bar. James Lea Siliki also hitting a long range effort over. Astana have passed the ball nicely but haven’t created much. A header from center back Marin Anicic right before half time their best chance. Rennes had to make a sub before half time with Romain Bensebaini replacing Ludovic Baal at left back.

FT :kazakhstan: Astana 2 :fr: Rennes 0

Much better 2nd half. Clement Grenier free kick pushed away by Astana goalie Nenad Eric. Junior Kabanaga after turning his man got a ferocious effort away over the bar in the end. Then the goal to put Astana in front. A Baktiyor Zainutdinov header at the near post off a Marin Tomasov corner near post putting the Kazakh champions in front. Rennes really pushed hard for an equalizer in the last quarter of an hour. A Clement Grenier shot at the top of the box deflected into the path of Benjiman Andre but denied by Eric. A Roman Bensebaini effort outside the box off the wood work with only a few minutes to go. Then it looked like Rennes equalize with minutes remaining when Bensebaini got in behind the defense crossing to the back post for Senegal forward M’Baye Niang but it just was away from him to make contact. Astana scored on the counter only moments later when sub Rangelo Janga headed on for Marin Tomasov who finished into the roof of the net to send Astana to the top of Group K for the time being.

Ah for Christ’s sake @Ohm what are you at. I asked you not to spoil things. I even had Ludovic Baal backed to be first scorer and you’ve ruined that too. You Connecticut meanie you.

Well you still have 22 other games you could tape excluding Betis vs Dudelange which your at of course. Have you run into any Sevilla hecklers. Are they gonna join you supporting Dudelange?

Astana is the one I have taping at home. I can change it remotely through the phone but I don’t want to. Betis are fine people. Us Dudelangers don’t need any help - Rodney’s tromobone is throbbing here.

I hear Baktiyar Zaynutdinov is looking much more lively this half