Dublin U21 Hurling 2018

Looks like Donal Burke and Cian O’Sullivan will be back fit for this. no sign of tg4 covering u21s this wednesday?

Its good they have this u21 year to help them find their feet a little more. Still lacking that bit of physicality when it comes to senior hurling particularly when you look at the like of Galway and Tipp.

No Burke which is strange if he is playing club. Maybe they plan to play him at the weekend against Galway. Whitely being rested I see.

V good full forward line

Younger Currie doing exams. Assumed we’d see Burke, maybe he’s just not quite ready or possibly it tweaked again?

We struggled on frees the last day without Burke. But I would assume we should have some leeway to miss a few against Carlow

WiFi that’s a rock we could well perish on! Can’t allow any lee way with Carlow!

I think @Wifi gets us mixed up with Kilkenny sometimes …

@Bluedub and @DUB09 - I haven’t felt this confident about a comfortable u21 hurling win since, hmm, the corresponding game in 2013!

Parachute in a few footballers. It’ll be grand!

Burke just back from injury no point rushing him back in, whitely injured so is ryan, Currie doing his leaving the younger one. Chance for other lads to show there worth tomorrow night.

Spoke to Carlow midfielder today (Can’t remember his name)very confident.
Win a football match and they think they can concur the world wasn’t to worried even after I told him this is probably our best 21s team in a long-time

They will be better then Laois, even with the changes the team just looks as strong, should win but not by as much last day out.

Family from Laois they didn’t rate that 21s team at all very impressed by our lads
Carlow will be strong but not at Dublin or Kilkenny level

Sure isn’t he right to be confident? Better that than throw in the towel before the game has started!

In fairness to the guys in ‘13 I would have picked the same team. Yes, Costello and Kilkenny were playing football, but they had been serious hurlers only a short time before. But without doubt, it went very wrong!

Actually I just found that team - Mother of God how did we lose

DUBLIN U21H: Conor Dooley (Ballyboden St Enda’s); Conor Murphy (Crumlin), Matthew McCaffrey (Lucan Sarsfields), Ross Mullins (Castleknock); Chris Crummy (Kilmacud Crokes), Jamie Desmond (Ballyboden St Enda’s), Sean Moran (Cuala); Cormac Costello (Whitehall Colmcille), Glen Whelan (Ballinteer St John’s); Ciaran Kilkenny (Castleknock), Danny Sutcliffe (St Judes), Conor McHugh (Na Fianna); Aodhán Clabby (Ballinteer St John’s), Eamon Dillon (Naomh Fionbarra), Fintan McGibb (Setanta).

Too good! Jeysus!

Just realized Gannon is out as well :thinking: … hoping exams rather then injured?

Good to see Cian O’Sullivan starting.

Hope we progress, if we can field a full strength team at some point in this competition, it would be a good team.

Gannon a good player. He must be injured does anyone know???

He’s 18 so could be doing his leaving cert as of today.

He is.