Dublin U21 Hurling 2018

Ciarán Dowling, Paul Crummey and Ben Coffey are all very decent forwards and all three are playing senior club hurling, although I think Ben may be doing the Leaving Cert.
Yes, it should be a really good U21 team this year alright.

I knew I was forgetting a few. Talent there. If management get the best out of them they should be very strong. Coffey has been scoring well in shc.

I hadn’t realised Conroy was still U21. He was a key player for the U21 team that won Leinster two years ago (although he was carrying an injury), what will he be like now when he is in his last year?

This is the 2015 minor team that lost to Tipp that year - Burke was injured I think. This has the making of some u21 team! There are good minors and u17s from last year also and our 2016 minors won Leinster (McGurk etc.)

1. Eoin Skelly (Na Fianna)
  2. Cian Hendricken (Naomh Mearnog)
  3. Darragh Butler (Kilmacud Crokes)
  4. Conor Ryan (Craobh Chiarain)
  5. Eoin Foley (Naomh Olaf)
  6. Paddy Smyth (Clontarf)
  7. Daire Gray (Whitehall Colmcille)
  8. Matthew Oliver (Na Fianna)
  9. Carl Sammon (Craobh Chiarain)
  10. Eoghan Conroy (St Maur’s)
  11. Mark Maguire (St Jude’s)
  12. Ciaran Dowling (Lucan Sarsfields)
  13. Fergal Whitely (Kilmacud Crokes)
  14. Alex Considine (Kilmacud Crokes)
  15. Eoghan Dunne (St Brigid’s)
    Subs
  16. Cian O’Sullivan (St Brigid’s) for Dunne (40)
  17. Gavin King (Na Fianna) for Whitely (43)
  18. Donnacha Ryan (St Brigid’s) for Gray (45)
  19. Conor Burke (St Vincent’s) for O’Sullivan (58)
  20. Sean Hickey (Fingallians) for Sammon (59)

Hopefully we will go well this year, got a good draw so have time to try a few things out hopefully.

Jesus that was a serious minor team

Just hope the management can get this panel working well together and we have a bit of luck with injuries.

Just being a little pedantic Carl Sammon was Parnells all his life but we had no minor team for him that year and sent him to Craobh (Murty Ryan was the coach for Craobh that year one of the best coach’s around so Carl was well looked after)So we never had an official Dublin minor hurler

The quality of those young players emphasises how important last Sunday’s senior display (and hopefully the next few years under Gilroy) was/will be. These young guys need to have an aspiration to play for as strong a Dublin Senior team as possible.

A game thrown away.

Wasn’t Shea Cullen Parnells?

Just spoke to Jimmy o Grady and you are correct in 83 or85 starting wing back and 2 lads on the bench from Parnells as well
Hurling in Parnells folded then and in 1999/2000 when hurling started back he was asked would he come back but with work and family he couldn’t

Yep, Cullen was wing back in 83. I can’t think of the other two lads around then, there was a Jimmy Murphy (maybe name not 100% correct) who was handy and was Parnells I think.

That’s one Jimmy o Grady mentioned

Gary Kelly might be the other lad

Yep, I remember that name

26 May (Leinster U21 HC) - Laois v Dublin (2)

Anyone know who is on the u21 panel this year?

The 2018 Dublin U21 Hurling Manager is Paul O Brien (Crumlin), assisted by his selectors; Eoin Roche (Faughs), Fintan Clandillon (Lucan Sarsfields), Ger Ryan (Craobh Chiarain) & Gar O Driscoll (Naomh Mearnóg).

Our U21 Hurlers will face Laois in the 1st round of the Leinster Championship (Sat 26th May).

That’s a very experienced management team

hope they can get the best out of the panel, have some good forwards available. A bit of luck with injuries and would hope they can have a proper tilt at leinster.

Did someone say above losing provincial finalists have a backdoor?

I seen Paul and Ger out watching Na Finna and Olafs in the senior B championship leaving no stone unturned