Dublin U21 Club Hurling Championship 2017

Well I reckon that’s probobly our level. Although I wouldn’t have much of an issue playing in the A.
Understand that is where you were graded but ye are well good enough for the B

I would agree too, but we will be lucky to have a sub, as it is one starter was called up to the defense forces the week of our first match & cannot be part of our team now & another is away when we play semi-final.
In Setanta each underage team totally depends on players from younger age groups, nowadays where once we got most of our players from Scoil an Tsachtar Laoch doesn’t happen anymore, Kickhams, Na Fianna, Whitehall & Isles get them too now. Dual clubs are more attractive & the big ball is much easier to master.
You were able to field a reasonably skillful second team all be it supplemented with footballers, but they were a decent side I was delighted that you have made this huge achievement. We do not have footballers to fall back on.

Yeah I guess we never see it that way for ye as a one code club. It’s remarkable in this day an age that ye can do that and make a right go of it. Both our clubs are working hard with hurling and it’s paying off. Credit to ye horse.

Whitehall beat Ballinteer by 6 this afternoon in a scrappy ail encounter.

Judes beat fionbarrs after e.t. by 4 I think it was

So the B final could be played anytime now before next March :joy::joy:

Colm Hayes getting back into it for Judes after s couple of rough years injury wise

Are U21 finals typically played in neutral grounds?

I thought they were fixed for OToole park?? Am I hearing the B is in Cloghran??

So I believe. Hard to imagine they’d give a Team home advantage in a championship final. JC’s influence here? :thinking:

Ah no I doubt that. Doesn’t surprise me with the fixture lads all the same!!! I’d be a Whitehall man as you know, all finals should be played in neutral venues.

Are all 21 finals on this weekend?

C Semi Finals are on this weekend!

B final on in Cloghran tomorrow

A final 2.30 in O toole Park

Na Fianna 2-17 Boden 2-14

Planning notice gone up on Mobhi Road seeking to greatly extend the trophy room. … :smirk:

Sounds like a good match, boden can’t be a bad team to only lose by 3 to that nafianna team.

Whitehall won the B 2-15 to 0-12

Sylvesters beat Setanta in the C

Na Fianna probably the better team. Well done to them.
The officiating - some of the softest yellow cards you’ll see given against boden. Resulting in a boden sending off for 2 yellows. Na Fianna second goal - full back for boden clearly held on ground.
Na Fianna could score much easier than boden which was really the difference. Some of their points were fantastic, particularly Barrett who got 2 beauts from the right hand side.
Well done to our own lads on a super effort this year. They did the club proud.