Dublin U17 Hurling 2018

Would be nice to see Col Eoin go back into Leinster A. Was the basis for a large bunch of players from that school to make the grade at senior county level in recent years.

THey do when they feel they’re strong enough

Nice article about DCU and the colleges

Leinster senior hurling B final half time score.

Colaiste Eoin 2-5
Colaiste Choilm Tullamore 1-7

Lost 2-12 to 2-08

Hard luck to Eoin. Getting to see the final is still good going.

Kilkenny CBS beat Middleton in colleges I see, so two KK teams in semis and Dublin Nth beat both of them. A good sign…

Kk will be favourites for minor all ireland and will take some stopping

Good sign for Dublin after Dublin Nth beating them in Leinster.

Is that Kieran’s I see lifting the all Ireland. Wonder would the dub north team have won it out.

yes. Dublin north would’ve won if allowed to play

You’d think so. Shame they weren’t allowed progress. I mean Kieran’s really need another all Ireland.

It’s a schools competition. Can’t blame schools for not wanting group teams. It’s not like too many wanted UCD in the county championship or the universities in general in the pre season cups.

Agreed. We are a combined team and should be happy to be competing to Leinster level.

Would we beat a combined Kilkenny schools team?

Agree to a point. Kieran’s aren’t just a regular school though are they?

But it is …

Yes they are. In the sense that they’re a single school entity under the same rules as other schools.

heh heh … i know it is … but … you know, they hoover up hurlers from all over the shop, fair play to them etc, but they’re not just another school … not really (even though they are technically).

not saying Dublin Norh/South should be allowed progress to AI (I don’t think they should) but … the Mullens for example are Ballyhale, 15-20 miles south of Kilkenny and with a grand secondary school of their own …:wink: