Dublin Senior Ladies Football 2019

I’m not sure what St. Clare’s he was in, the dressing rooms there are more than big enough to fit 20 players.

2 Likes

He does not mention St Clares - this was in the RTE headline.

Suspect it may be the dressing rooms besides the All-Weather in DCU he was talking about and no idea how big these rooms are.

Would agree with him that it may be a fine pitch but no cover for substitutes and 10Euro to stand as a spectator does not reflect well on Dublin LGFA.

Price would be set by Lgfa

1 Like

Well was the match played in DCU or was it not? If it was played in DCU, there’s no way his team had to use 3 different rooms to tog out in. There’s something like 8 dressing rooms out there in St. Clare’s (if not more) each one more than big enough to fit 20 players.

As for charging people in, it’s not the Dublin LGFA that decide the prices for a national football league game. I’m sure everyone was charged into Sligo ladies last league game too.

As a spectator, 10 euro to see in comfort in the stand in Parnell is considerably better value than standing in the mud and rain in DCU

1 Like

Do the Sligo ladies play all their games in markievicz park?

I don’t think your understanding the situation . Dublin Lgfa can’t just fix games for Parnell park . They go cap in hand to Dublin Gaa. Most times Parnell park is out of commission

2 Likes

No idea about Markievicz Park - don’t always judge a book by its cover or title - my comments were as much from a Dublin team and spectator perspective

napper,

i’d disagree, Alan is 100% correct in saying the situation of u13 to u16 girls playing successive days different codes is an abomination and both sides are culpable.

as the man who along with Damian Murphy straightened out juvenile fixtures and in turn saved juvenile hurling in Dublin I think Alan is better placed to comment than most

2 Likes

again huge amount of information that I can see your either not aware of or just ignore .
I’m not doubting any posters credentials. However it can not be denied that he has preconceived tainted view formed how many years ago ?. Any chance to imo slag of ladies football is taken . This thread has been derailed due to a post that has had nothing to do with the intentions . We may as well start talking about Connolly here … Dermo not Amy !

1 Like

napper tell me the huge amount of information I am either not aware of or ignore.

I dont see in the posts here any preconcieved tainted views.

Napper are U14, u15 and U16 girls most weekends in dual clubs playing on consecutive days, while in 1 out of 3 weekends U13s suffer the same ?

Are boys competitions same age run off on alternate weekended .

This isnt slagging ladies football or camogie. It is calling out both organisations to stop flogging teenagers, their parents and their mentors and to coperate and create a proper calendar

1 Like

My initial comment related to the supposed mess in DCU at the weekend and I relayed that to my own experiences, which are a while ago. But just last weekend I heard complaints in my club about the hoops girls and management are having to jump through. Ladies football may be less guilty but there’s two sides and they need to get things sorted.

Organization is a whole Association process. And if it’s not good at the top then it’ll rarely be good lower down. I’ll be only too delighted if the problem gets sorted.

And I appreciate the compliment but I am bound to point out that there were plenty of others helping myself and Damian out!

1 Like

Not to be a league title for Dublin this year as Cork win against Dublin in the league semifinal 1-18 - 2-14

Full replay : https://www.facebook.com/LadiesGaelicFootball/videos/418496265595721?sfns=mo

Dublin’s injury problems caught up with them in the end Siobhan Mc Grath and Sinead Goldrick big losses plus losing Noelle Healy in game to injury as well.

Dublin no competitive game now till 30th of June straight to Leinster final vs Westmeath. Long gap with club championship in between so will be interesting to see the team/squad come championship.

2 Likes

Seen Sinéad Goldrick in a cast alright , how long is she out for ? A colossal loss .

The Ladies can have a tiered championship but not the men …

Could be a positive and novel idea for the Dublin management teams to actually look and learn from club championship?

Two Questions? When was the last Time that all three of the Dublin underage teams failed to win a Leinster title?
The last time an underage team won an All Ireland final?
Future is gloomy for Dublin football in the next few years when some of the older girls retire

No idea of the answers. But Dublin have never been massively successful at underage yet the transition of players into quality seniors players is quite good so I wouldn’t be overly concerned about the lack of success in terms of underage All Ireland’s.
And the age profile of the senior team is still very young.

1 Like

Looks like last U14 All-Ireland was 2007 - https://ladiesgaelic.ie/the-lgfa/roll-of-honours/competitions/under-14/
Last U16 was 2010 - https://ladiesgaelic.ie/the-lgfa/roll-of-honours/competitions/under-16/
Last minor was 2012 - https://ladiesgaelic.ie/the-lgfa/roll-of-honours/competitions/under-18/

What’s worrying though is that the minors didn’t make this year’s Leinster final. If I recall correctly, they’ve won every Leinster since 2011. Hopefully it’s just a blip and normal service will resume next year.