Dublin Senior Hurling 2019

We don’t usually get out of Dublin too much so I usually go to whatever game is away so if the hurling was away and football at home I’d have gone to the hurling,pity they clashed but not the end of the world :joy:Hopefully you can forgive me as I’ve been to all the others :joy::joy:

It’s @tayto you need forgiveness from. He’s very tough on this sort of carry on :grinning::grinning:

The Limerick/Laois game did not make for happy viewing, on multiple grounds.

While the 1A/B thing is mostly irrelevant it was a bit disconcerting to see how easily Limerick pushed aside Laois while not really looking for goals and something like 6/7 wides in succession in last quarter.

Dublin need to avoid something similar to the hiding against Tipp in quarters last year, and it is not impossible that it might not only be Tipp again but in Thurles. as Tipp have only had two home games.

Limerick only started 6 of the AI winning team away from home and cruised it.

Galway up by 10 at HT against Waterford.

Tipp 1 25 to cork 9 points.

Man down aswell with harnedy gone

Did Tipp beat Kilkenny in early round of league?

Kilkenny beat tipp by a point

Would they not go ahead of tipp on head to head ?

That’s my understanding of it yea!

This is what I thought also?

Where Counties finish with Equal Points – extract from (Riail 6.21 T.O. 2017):

“…the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:

(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the outcome of the meeting of the two Teams in the previous game in the Competition;

(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For);

(iii) Highest Total Score For;

(iv) A Play-Off.

Exceptions:

In relation to means (ii) and (iii) above, if the accumulated scores of a team, so involved, are affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or walk over, the tie shall be decided by a Play-Off.”

Three teams on equal points, it goes on score difference I believe.

Paper, scissors, rock.

No 3 way tie in either 1a or 1b So should we not be playing Kilkenny next week?

Tipp KK and Cork all finished on 4

:scream: So much for my calculations so! :grinning:

IMG_20190310_162933

Tipp in Thurles. Not happy memories.

Won’t be of any consequence at end of the year, but need to put up a better show than last few times down there, Not to mention the hiding in the quarter finals last year.

Good chance to measure themselves against one of the top three before a break and the preparations for the Cats in May.

The last time we played there was 2016 in the league and 2017 in championship ? A hammering that night and a hammering that day too

The league last year aswell after such a good start was another hammering

Their forwards have the opportunity to do damage against us, callanan,bubbles,forde,the McGrath’s are brilliant on their day

It is a good chance to see if we’ve improved that much from exactly this time last year against the same opposition so that is one of not many positives of drawing tipp