Dublin Senior Footballers 2018

I won’t even begin to wonder how you win one of those…

Shane Clayton was on the dublin panel in 2016?

Absolutely, sure who really cares anyway, ignorance really is bliss

Yes himself and Basquel were drafted in after Bodens All Ireland’s Success, back row in the middle slightly to the right

So five from the beaten AI semi finalists and none from the winners!

Oh. Is he injured at the moment? Didn’t start in either of Ballyboden’s Dublin SFC games aganst Kilmacud Crokes or Raheny.

Yes, I’ve noticed Dublin seemed to focus more on under 21 which let a lot of them translate into the senior set up much more smoothly, also if you compare some of them to the Kerry lads that are on the senior squad now, our lads are a lot More physically developed

Couldn’t tell you, I know he picked up an injury last year in a game for Boden, it could be an ongoing thing because he didn’t feature much for Dublin in the u21 campaign last year

Yeah, thats a shame. Could see him in the Dublin squad again in a couple of years if he could stay healthy?

Yep, I thought the same. I hope the move to U20 doesn’t disrupt it.

Personally I don’t think it will have huge impact, most players who get called up seem to have another year left, (ie Con and Basquel in 2016 were on the panel, both had another year of u21) the same with Howard this year, if it was u21 still he’d be eligible to play, as would Paddy Small

The more I think of it though, I think last years u21 team may have been exceptional. I can see Byrne, Galvin, Foley, Sadlier along with the guys who are already there, making a go at senior. That would be effectively more then half the team.

Very true, I’m not too sure about Galvin though, while he did play very well in the final he did not get much game time in the Campaign, think he might be a bit too far down the pecking order for a midfield spot ( Fenton, MDMA,Emmet, Howard(he’d be back up if any of the other 3 were out, Foley if got called up) also on a side note, comerford can Be added to the list players with a senior All Ireland who didn’t have any success at minor

I think 8/9 from this 21s team have also seen game time/ been on the match day squad in the league: Comerford, McGowan, murchan, Con, Basquel, Howard, Paddy Small, o’shea, and Sean McMahon was on a few match day squads (not sure if he got a run)

Chris Sallier also had a run in the O’Byrne Cup.

That’s a great return for an underage squad a year later

Howard, Con, Basquel, Murchan, mc Mahon , Foley, also played in 2016 u21.

Mannion has really improved over the last year or two and you’re right he will be key.
Imo Rock has nothing to offer outside frees showing the importance Jim has on a steady free taker.

Not sure about that. Dean has improved immensely on his game.

Mannion’s work rate was fantastic last year going after loose balls that he had no right to win. He also has a lovely kicking stroke.

Nonsense

I think if you look at a lot of Dublin games Rocks link up play has also been very important. He has really worked on his game