Dublin Senior A Hurling Championship (SHC A) 2018

Everything is possible, I can’t rightly remember what I had for breakfast this morning! But I thought it was the other way around, he started in there and moved out early. But I am absolutely open to correction on it…

He hit or won no ball really against Tipp…he played out the middle in the first half in that u21 and hit a few long distance wides but in second half he moved in closer to goal and had a lot more success.

Lucan up 1-13 to 1-7 @ ht,… Fair reflection, Lucan using a sweeper on the half back line and are cleaning up, flashing ball everywhere and are getting purchase out of it, Crumlin very mono directional, contained and have only 1 channel down the pitch…

Don’t suppose peter kelly is playing?

Have seen a few lads lining out who gilroy has not been using, presumably as part of his injury policy.

Crummy is playing?

Kelly was FF for about 50 minutes…Crummy was CHB!

Great news!

On the game itself, Lucan stopped after 45 minutes or so after playing at Championship pace up until then, I felt they should have been ruthless and really ran up a score… Also their style of play was an emulation of Cuala with the running overlap handpassing… But they won’t be winning anything this year! Crumlin will improve but flaws are evident will little of no fix on the cards, but the bulk of the lads didn’t give up right till the end and that’s about the only positive on a bad afternoon!

Lads, anyone in O’Toole Park? Any update on Setanta v BSJ?

Bit critical I think!
From a score line of 1-25, 1-24 came from play! 1-5 from Ben Coffey, one of the youngest players on the field and 4 or 5 good scores from Peter Kelly at full forward. Great to see him back on the pitch… Lucan half backline of Seanie McClelland Crummey and McCaffrey were excellent with a couple of long range efforts from Crummey and McClelland.
Ben Quinn good for Crumlin but I don’t think his brother Alex was playing? Is he injured?

Balinteer won by a point

17 to 1-13

I would imagine Chris is still out injured. Probably his brother that started!

I’m not really having a pop at Lucan… 1-25 is very impressive on paper and the stats you gave there make it look comprehensive, but I was on the halfway line from start to finish and they stopped, now if that’s how they elected to see out the game that’s OK. But for me a side that wants to win the competition would have hockeyed their opponents off the park, why because they could!

Crumlin were very competitive in the first half but seemed to drift out of the contest early in the second half. Crumlin have a decent spine to their team and should push on to challenge for a quarter final spot. Their full forward impressed me. Brilliant touch and very comfortable on the ball. Impressed with Lucan today. They have found some scoring threats. Their half back line is very strong and Kelly at full forward is a real good target man.

Nope. Chris played full game as did his brother Paul

Almost fair & unfair at the same time.
They could have ploughed on but didnt need to. They also had to work a hell of a lot harder than Crumlin for a free in the 2nd half, particularly in the forwards area.
Ronan Smith was brilliant in the middle too.
Johnny McC & Kelly both subbed off with 10 to go. They possibly could have pushed on, but, on a heavy pitch, well ahead with no sign of a Crumlin comeback - they probably didn’t need to. They wer 6-0 up v.early on and if wasn’t for that Crumlin penalty, Lucan would’ve blown them away by half time…
I do agree with you that they could have pushed on. I also do agree that they won’t be winning anything, however Lucan have proven over the years, they will raise their game with the opposition in front of them - and I wouldn’t write them off a semi final appearance as possibly the limits of their ability.
Lets not forget, they could have gotten one step further last year were it not for the infamous goalkeeper substitution at a key time of the game

Do Crumlin have many coming through from juvenile/minor teams. Always seem to maintain their status without issue but never hear much about underage teams

Wondered the same. Having said, they are relatively young time on observation. Do they or have they had have the odd player cross over from Counsel over the yrs??