Dublin Minors/U17 Footballers 2018

Why the exam break when we were told the age was changed due to exams?

surely plenty of lads born early 2001 will be doing the LC this year

A lot of last years minors are not playing U20 because of the LC so they seem to have go that scheduling wrong.

Totally. And more games. Of course. Seven games now just to win Leinster. What chance have clubs got at all.

For the sake of your sanity Alan you should start following basketball or something …

My sanity is perfectly fine thanks.

Part of being a member of an organization is debating and trying to change what you don’t like about it.

Yeah but what if you don’t like anything about it?!

I like plenty about it.

First game of the new format today. Been a long time since 2 St Margarets players involved in a Dublin team

DUBLIN (MFC v Louth)

1 Simon Murphy St Sylvester’s
2 Noel Hatton Naomh Barróg
3 Adam Fearon Skerries Harps
4 Adam Rafter Na Fianna
5 Rory Dwyer St Margaret’s
6 Conor O’Brien St. Vincent’s
7 Mark Lavin Lucan Sarsfields
8 Eoin Adamson St. Vincent’s
9 Ciarán McManus St. Margaret’s
10 Mark O’Leary Kilmacud Crokes
11 Conor Murray Castleknock
12 Enda Cashman Ballyboden St Enda’s
13 Matthew Dunne Lucan Sarsfields
14 Conor Hennessy Clanna Gael Fontenoy
15 Seán Foran Whitehall Colmcille

No Liam McGovern is astounding.

Yet again, a great spread of clubs. I like seeing that.

Beat louth 3-15 to 1-7

A couple of players starting from St Maragret’s and one from Clanna Gael Fontenoy. Some different clubs from the usuals. Interesting

Louth were a good match for most of the game. Their number 11 was a tasty baller.

In fairness, dubs line didn’t panic. Stuck with the centre forward from Castleknock when he struggled whole game but came through at the end. Didn’t see Jayo there and looked like Griffin was calling the shots. The wing forward O Leary from Crokes and the full back from Skerries were outstanding . But I thought the wing back Rory Dwyer from St Margarets was best Dublin player, everything he did was the right idea.

Not a bad team. A relation of one of the defenders told me they’ve had a good record in challenge games bar a trimming in Limerick from Kerry. Said a happy group.

Anyone heading to the game tonight

No 11 for Louth, Daire Nally is a son of Castleknock senior manager Colm Nally. A very good footballer and class free taker.

He scored 1-13 I think in the Louth minor final.

Yep

1-02 to 0-4 to Dublin after 15 min