Dublin Junior Football All County Championship 5 (JAC5) 2018

Parnells game is in drumnigh next sunday @ 2.30 I believe

@Counsel can’t beat them dressing room selfies

Just a word on Trinty Gaels. I seen they were wrote off winning this championship last week. We’ve played them twice this year in the championship and they’ve been by far the hardest games we had all year. They’re well drilled and have a good blend of experience and youth. I reckon they’ll give anyone left in it a run for their money

Agree, they are a much improved team this year, plenty of young talent coming through

Not sure where anyone can read into the fact that TG were written off, I made a comment a week ago stating Parnells had to be favs considering they play Div 7 plus the debacle of their senior championship might mean a lot of lads available to play in this championship that otherwise may not have been available. Teams plying their trade in div 11 albeit with a few eligible lads from higher ranked leagues have a chance as I stated (their could be a few surprises) nothing was stated they were written off. I still believe Parnells are fav’s they seem to be winning handy throughout this championship and if TG are to beat them and reach the final well fair play to them

“cannot see TG or O’Dwyers pushing to win this”

To me that’s writing them off. But I take your point on board

To be fair, I would have agreed, very hard to see a div 10 or 11 team challenging a div7 team, HUGE difference in 4 leagues. Can you imagine a div 1 team playing a team in Div 4???

TG are going up from Division 10 also had a very good league. I’m not saying that they’ll win it but from seeing how they play they’ll give Parnells problems

They are in a playoff to come up from Div10? Still I would argue that 2 leagues is still too much of a gap for most teams. You get the odd lucky win, but good luck to them

I think there is a case for a knock-out Cup competition during the summer. One team per club. No gradings. Open draw. Lower league team gets home advantage. Matches to be played within 3 days of scheduled date. A round every two weeks. Replays, if required, played mid-week after the original tie.

with Parnells scheduled to play TG in the semi final this coming weekend according to a previous post, any ideas when the final will be played, 1 week after that or more likely 2 weeks after?

Final is next sunday in the naul

Harps v nells in final.

Better team won on the day 3 points in it today between trinity and nells. Trinity missed a peno. Well done to parnells.

Fair play to TG by the sounds of the above a right tussle.

Parnells ahead all game peno would of made it leave from the save they kicked a point to go 4 up.

To be fair div 7 versus div 11 by all accounts TG gave it a right lash. Great to get to a semi final

Final postponed tomorrow due to an unplayable pitch

How do you put in the result for the match not being played?

Any idea when it will be refixed for?

I too would like to know this!