Dublin Junior A Hurling Championship (JHC A) 2017

Yeh just sent out this eve I think, you were right…

Is it extra time in these games or does it go to a replay?

Q finals were et so presume its the same

Not that many post here but any predictions for winners?

Brigids are the only team to have won all their games so far. I’m not sure if they play on the grass pitch or all weather but either way home advantage at this stage is a massive bonus. I know Isles beat Brigids in the league but that was at the start of the season and I am sure there will be a big difference in the Brigids team from then and now.

Again I think Finians being at home gives them the advantage. I know they play a division ahead of Marks but the Dotsy factor could change that also. A lot of experience in the Marks team with lads that have won Inter and Senior B championships before. For me Finians beating Lucan away was the result of the championship up to now

Two very close games for me hence I was asking about extra time or replays earlier

Junior A Hurling Championship Semi-finals

2 September
Russell Park
Referee Tom Clinton
Extra time if Draw

2 September
Ridgewood Park Swords
Referee Colm McCarthy
Extra time if Draw

Isles beat Brigids by 3. 1-18 to 2-12. Isles deserved to win. Brigids had a man sent off after 15mins which got them playing better. Game was a draw at half time after Isles had the wind. A negative for both teams was that the game was needlessly played on the all weather and a few lads done what looked like bad injuries

Great result @sneakersotoole lot of work gone into Isles over last two years. Enjoy.

Junior A Championship Semi-final Results
St. Finians 2-12 v 2-22 St. Marks.
St. Brigids 2-12 v 1-18 Erin Isles

Junior A Championship Final
St. Marks v Erin Isles
16th September
Parnell Park

Delighted to see Isles and Marks back up.

Two good clubs that have had a few tough years but hopefully have turned the corner.

Great that a winning Junior team will represent the County in the Leinster junior club championship

Was reading the reports on the Dublin under 15 teams earlier and was delighted to see that Marks had two lads on the A panel and another two on the B.
They’re a club I have a lot of time for, so great to see them on the up again after some very tough years

This post has Brigids winning?!?!?!

Division 3 team and division 5 team in the final shows that marks are a good team and deserve to be in a higher division.

What was Brigids - Isles result?

1-18 to 2-12 to isles

When did this fixture come out? Was it in the same email as the semi final details? Obviously nothing up on Dublin Gaa about it

Junior A Hurling Championship Final 
16 Sep

Parnell Park

Erins Isle-St Marks Colm McCarthy

Should be a good close game. I know the two met in the group stages but a lot has changed between now and then. Even though Isles are the higher ranked league team when it comes to championship Marks are the more experienced with more of their players playing at a higher level than the majority of the Isles team ever has. Throw in the experience of Dotsy and that could be the difference.

Hopefully the ref that is listed is the man who does the game. Very impressed by some of his matches this season

Should be a decent game - I fancy Isles by 5 or 6. Best of luck Sneakers

Thanks Junior X. Isles like Mark had a few really poor years. Hopefully this will give both clubs they kick they need to drive on again.

From an Isles perspective the main aim was to get back up to Inter straight away. If that did not happen it could have had a big effect on the future of hurling in the club. And its great to get some lads playing a championship final and giving them that experience. I think there are a few who have won Minor C championships, a few who won Junior C championships and a couple who won a Senior B championship which was 17 years ago(so it shows their age) but the majority would have never played an adult championship final so it is great for them lads and win or lose hopefully it will give them the hunger to want more.

the struggles both clubs have to survive and develop rarely feature in any martin Breheney or Eamonn Sweeney articles on the dispartiy themes.

on the other hand if GAA could properly harness Tallaght for example it would be scary the amount of underage players coming from there alone…