Dublin Junior A Football Championship (JFC A) 2017

As did Vincents a year or two before. Cuala won it from AFL6 beating Monica’s who were AFL3 not so long ago either.

I’ve a 100 notes that says I’m right that a Div 4 team will win this. You cover that and you’ve got a bet.

Well I disagree. Nice way of glossing over tipping div 5 raheny for glory

so thats a no then ?

Monica’s were AFL4 that year and have been since.

Agree with sehan,teams at top of 5 are a match for most of div 4.We beat finians last Sunday and it was only players from our afl5 team involved

I’m talking about this year though.

Being a Div 5 player myself I wouldn’t consider playing in this a waste of time. You get to test yourself against players playing at a higher standard which is always a great barometer of your own standard and were you can improve. We beat Monica’s last Sunday who are a Div 4 team, albeit it towards the end of the table.

Are there many Div 4 teams left in it?

St.Brigids

I wouldn’t have thought so unless they were very complacent against us. We Whitehall (division 6) had a young relatively inexperienced team out and it took a referee with a dodgy watch to bring it to extra time…

Think following the next round of fixtures only 2 afl4 teams will be left at most. So @TheLoneRanger I might hold you to that bet with a reduced stake :slight_smile:

Quite happy with my stake

I don’t accept that. All referees in the north county are by the book and would never assist the home team in any way.

You’re probably right. It was most likely the altitude which caused his watch to malfunction…

TSS & NAF the teams to beat for me - both solid Div5 outfits

TSS will win it. A lot of good players!!

BALLYBODEN ST ENDAS-ST PEREGRINES
Should win well IMO

ST OLIVER PLUNKETTS ER-MAN O WAR
Could be a close one but think MOW will edge it

NA FIANNA-KILMACUD CROKES
Another close one but i think NF will be too good

BALLYMUN KICKHAMS-TEMPLEOGUE SYNGE STREET
TSS to win well IMO
PARNELLS-ROUND TOWERS C
Towers at a canter here

Does someone get a bye with there only being 5 teams left after this weekend

No! Three teams have already qualified for the next round. These games were delayed due to preliminary games.