Dublin Intermediate Hurling Championship 2016

Raheny and Na Fianna with 2 from 2 in group one. Cuala with 2 from 2 in group two. Davis and Judes unbeaten also.

I expect wins for Peregrines, Raheny and Scoil in group one and Kevins and Davis in group two

Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 1 
01 Jun
19:15 Rathcoole Commercials-St Peregrines Mick O Flaherty
19:15 St Annes Park Raheny-Na Fianna Jason Buckley
19:15 Lawless Park Fingallians-Scoil Ui Chonaill Liam O Briain

Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 2 
01 Jun
19:15 Tymon North St Judes-Kevins Robert Doyle
19:15 Ballycullen Ballyboden St Endas-Erins Isle Paul Beecher
19:15 Kiltipper Road Thomas Davis-Cuala Tony Lambe

Raheny and Na Fianna game is off and so is the Fins and Scoil game due to the 21 game.

Not sure why they did not call all games off

Isles beat Boden by 9. Kevins beat Judes by 17

Wins for Jude’s, Kevin’s, cuala Yesterday evening.

Group 2 looks sewn up as i cannot see Boden beating Thomas Davis and Isles beating Kevins so Cuala, Kevins,Davis an Judes to go throuh in that order. A lot more to play for in group 1 with some teams having two games to play. The game in Rathcoole will probably decide who goes through in 4th spot

13 Jul 19:30
Group 1
Rathcoole Commercials-Scoil Ui Chonaill Philip Carr
Lawless Park Fingallians-Raheny Sean McCarthy
Blakestown St Peregrines-Na Fianna Robert Fennelly
Group 2
Tymon North St Judes-Cuala Tony Lambe
Kiltipper Road Thomas Davis-Ballyboden St Endas Karl O Brien
Dolphin Park Kevins-Erins Isle Michael O Connell

Isles beat Kevins by 1 in Dolphin Park. Good performance from our lads and probably should have won by more. Poor performances at home cost Isles a place in the quarters and now have a relegation tie ahead. Will be a massive set back to hurling in the club if we were to drop out of this championship.

Davis beat Boden by 4 and Cuala drew with Judes. So Cuala Kevins Judes and Davis’s go through in that order. Group 1 still has to be completed

Raheny beat Na Fianna and Scoil beat Fingallians so the groups are complete.

Quarters are

Raheny v Thomas Davis
Cuala v Scoil
Peregrines v Judes
Kevins v Na Fianna

Isles v Fingallians
Commercials v Boden

27 Aug
Quarter finals
18:00 St Annes Park Raheny-Thomas Davis Jason Buckley
18:00 Blakestown St Peregrines-St Judes Thomas Gleeson
18:00 Shanganagh Park Cuala-Scoil Ui Chonaill Tony Lambe
18:00 Dolphin Park Kevins-Na Fianna Terry Carton

Relegation matches
18:00 Finglas Erins Isle-Fingallians Peter Smyth
18:00 Rathcoole Commercials-Ballyboden St Endas Karl O Brien

Jude’s beat Peregrines AET in the quarters and then defeated Cuala in the semi final by 2 points. That’s them joining crokes and boden with two seniors teams, There other hurling team won the junior D championship as well.

Raheny or Judes, what do people think? Be a great win for Judes with a Junior Championship already in the bag this year.

Raheny are knocking on the door of this championship a while now going back to there,semi final defeat to setanta 4 years ago when they whereup by 8 with 15 minutes to go ,I’d personally like to see them win it but I’ve seen both teams this year and I’d imagine it will be a tight game.

Raheny unless judes have a bunch of lads on the fringe of the senior panel playing who didn’t play last year.

Raheny 2/12 st judes 1/17 ,good clean game if a little tame at times.

Raheny a little unlucky not to get something out of it- hit the bar and post on different occasions and hit a lot of wides in second half. Judes that little bit more clinical in front of goal

Yeah I agree very little between the teams wides cost them alright and where very unlucky in the goal they conceded no consolation for them tonight but at least they have snrB to look forward next year.

After a gap of 24 weeks Fingallians and Isles will finally replay their championship playoff on February 12th. Didn’t take too long for it to be fixed