Dublin Intermediate Football Championship (IFC) 2018

Are there odds available in the bookies??

Who are people predicting to win these games? Very open and I could see any of the 4 teams going on to win it. I’ve seen Naomh Barrog twice this year and they impressed me.

Paddy Power have Scoil 1/2 and Towers 15/8.
Evens for both Barrs and Barrog

I think outright winner comes from the Scoil v Lusk match. Scoil being Div 2 guess would be favourite but think Lusk may cause an upset. Barrog and Barrs is a coin toss but will go for The Barrs.

Any reports on the Boughal v Finbarrs. Unlike Boughal to concede 6 goals at home.

that’s a giant price on Towers. There will be many people in Lusk taking PP up on that price!

Heard they were flying before hand and were bullish of their chances, they proved that anyway.

They are just lightning quick, move ball well and take goal chances galore… They could have had more goals out in Ballyboughal too I was told. Even looking at their latest league results, they’re putting up big scores, goals in particular.

Long shot but I am looking for umpires for the Brigids Judes Semi Final in O’Toole Park tomorrow at 3pm if anyone is free?

Barrog are 2.5 to 0.4 up at HT

Barrog by four at FT

I’d say you get a big welcome every time you drop into your local paddy powers. Wins for barrog and Mary’s…:joy::joy::joy:

Barrog played most of the their football in the first half and we started slow. They set up well defensively and kept us out, 14 men behind the ball at times working hard. Then Barrog got 2 goals just before the break and put 7 in it at HT. We came back strong in the 2nd half and got it back to a draw, Barrog looked to be out on their feet going into the last 10. A few simple mistakes and Barrog were edging back into it and eventually got a second peno (missed one in 1st half) and a point and that’s all she wrote. Disappointment for us as we definitely felt we had a great chance after the comeback but credit to Barrog they never let us in for that elusive goal that we were always going to need to win it. Best of luck to them in the final.

2-08 Lusk 0-02 Scoil at HT

There is a hill and breeze going one way out there I’d imagine scoil were against it first half?

Against the breeze yes but would say it’s minimal enough now. Scoil just couldn’t get their kicking or running game going. Didn’t take the chances they did create.

Lusk on the other hand, all fifteen players playing great. Took their two goal chances well. Set themselves up well for the second half.

Lusk 2-10 Scoil 0-06 with about less than 15 to play.

Third goal for Lusk from a penalty. High ball in and off loaded to the Number 14 (he was profiled on the underdogs this week). Mistimed tackle on him and fouled. Scored the penalty himself.

Lusk 3-12 Scoil 1-09

Scoil get a goal after a sloppy Lusk kick out. Lusk still in control though.

Vins Mun abandoned due to an injury

Number 14 with his third or fourth goal of the game. Quick counter from a mark and on a plate for him to palm in.

Lusk 4-13 Scoil 1-11

Final score 4-14 to 1-11. Our Underdogs full forward helped himself to 4 goals. Hard luck Scoil. Championship final, here we come!:blush::blush:

Not good to hear that.