Dublin Intermediate Football Championship (IFC) 2017

Two senior clubs in the final . Last time

Good. Looking forward to new structure

Diluting the quality of the competition next year. If Scoil finally manage to do the business it’d be a hollow victory :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It actually going to happen this time? They said the same thing last year about this year

Is it*

Thank God the competition will no longer be treated as a reserve champioship by some clubs.

That’s the thing . Monica’s as well will get a fair junior competition now and not have to worry about first round matches playing against several “visitors”

To be honest, Bart, I would have preferred the championships remained as they were but had been run off in a more structured way, Senior 1st round preceding Inter 1st - Inter 1st preceding Junior A, etc…
But that wasn’t happening. The other thing that has changed the landscape on this is that a few clubs have become very, very big over the last 20-25 years, or so. Some of that is down to very hard work on the ground. But it is also down to some of these clubs having huge catchment areas. Smaller clubs cannot compete. It has to be pointed out that some of that is of their own making by NOT working as hard as they could do. But a lot of it is down to not having sufficient numbers in their areas. The circumstances that brought some of the big clubs that we have now into being in the 50’s and 60’s by way of amalgamation now possibly exist in the opposite to the extent that the argument could be made for some of these clubs to be split back to where they were pre-amalgamation.
But that’s not going to happen. I think the fairer solution is what will come into being next year. I think it is at least worthy of a 3 or 4 year trial.

I would agree and with a proper regrading system the status quo could have remained
But that process has always been a shambles

It is the ignoring of the grading system that is the problem, guys playing at a lower level without ever applying for regrading. Two caught this year but they were only the tip of the iceberg. The cheating has gone on too long, hopefully the new process with cut it out.

Any date for final yet??

Friday, November 17th in Abbottstown is the word

Some joke.

Well if you go by what some posters on here say, there will be no interest in a 2nd team championship…effectively what this year’s Inter has been.

Roll on next year!

Na Fianna v Jude’s Final on Friday, 17th at 8pm in Parnell Park

In Abbotstown not Parnell

https://mobile.twitter.com/DubMatchTracker/status/927882307205287936

I think that’s wrong. I’ve been told it’s Abbotstown.

And in fairness, DMT is a superb resource, but it’s not official.

I dunno … but I note the NF account liked and retweeted …