Dublin Colleges Hurling 2016/17

Leinster website currently says …

Sun Jan 29th 2017

Top Oil Leinster PP Sch SH “A” ‘Group Team’ Rd 3
Dublin Venue (2.00 pm) Dublin South v Dublin North Details TBC

Will you tell them or will I?

I see Peters of Wexford are in the football final this Friday v Moate. Re your post just above @tayto were the hurling teams not able to play because of the football?

Don’t mind them, sure what would they know about Hurling…

Win for Dublin North I see

Oh? Score line?

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/dublin-north-oust-south-in-leinster-colleges-qualifier

That settles that as to which side of the Liffey is the home of hurling.

Kilkenny cbs will be tricky

Know someone who was at the game, said the standard was very poor, give us little or no chance against Kilkenny CBS

The weather a factor?

I[quote=“something_witty, post:28, topic:1271, full:true”]
Know someone who was at the game, said the standard was very poor, give us little or no chance against Kilkenny CBS
[/quote]

I was talking to someone who came back from the equivalent game last year with the same story’. This was the game that featured most of the lads who went on to beat KK at minor and win the Leinster championship. So in that case anyway it was just the age old Dublin hurling inferiority complex at work.

Just because you don’t have an inferiority complex doesn’t mean they’re not better than you …

Leinster PPS Senior Hurling A Q/Final (FT) Kilkenny CBS 1-19 Dublin North 1-12

Disappointing result.

Be interesting to know what team we had out. Our mocks are on at the moment and I don’t know if lads would have played the game. They may have. But eyes maybe not on the ball, literally.

The other thing Dublin Colleges do is link panels to the minor county team so we have one or two lads who are not picked for the colleges team as they are too old for minor. John Walshe the most well known. Would make a serious difference on that team.

Interesting info Alan, makes sense if it pays off at minor I suppose.

I see Kilkenny CBS will play Good Counsel, New Ross and Kieran’s will play Peters, Wexford - already football winners - in the Colleges semis on Saturday.

Dublin Colleges Senior A final being played tomorrow (at last) between Ardscoil and Colaiste Eoin in Sports Campus Ireland, Abbotstown at 1 p.m. if anyone is interested. We’re going for three in a row and an U16/U18 double for the season. Should be a good game.

Best of luck.

It was blowing a gale out there last night so could be a major factor in the game

3.7 to 1.9 to Eoin. Congrats to them. We went down fighting.

That settles that as to which side of the Liffey is the home of hurling.

@Dub09 :wink: