Dublin Colleges Hurling 2016/17

First of the schools finals this week. U/16 Final between Ardscoil Ris and Colaiste Eoin is on in O’Toole Park on Tuesday at 1 p.m. if anyone is interested.

Eoin play Eanna in one of the Senior semis this week while Ardscoil play Aidans in the other semi.

The North and South colleges team will be hugely affected by the switch of minor to U17. It remains to see how it will work out. Would make sense in my view to not use U/17s at all and use the Colleges teams as further development for U18s who have no minor competition any more. South will be strengthened by the return of Colaiste Eoin to Dublin competitions.

Alan, just out of interest about u.17’s grade. I noticed a lot of results from around the country today on twitter in relation to u.17 Champo. Have other counties already implemented this change and will we be playing catch-up in Dublin to get accustomed to the change?

At club level? There’s no change at club level at all as far as I know. U17 only applies to county level. Don’t know any county that runs U17 championship. Not due in until next year anyway so having one this year would not make any difference.

Yep club level, I’ve seen Kildare, Carlow and W’meath u.17 club results. Unless it’s part of their development plans.

Must be. Wouldn’t have any effect on next year. They’re all too old next year.

Ardscoil by a goal. 1.14 to 0.14!

Sixth U16 title in seven years!

Mostly Vinnies lads, I take it?

Congrats to Ardscoil Ris.

Well done to all involved Alan. i think Árd Scoil should be split in two…

Roughly half Vins. The rest from Na Fianna, Whitehall, Raheny, Clontarf and Scoil.

Philip Mahony of Waterford has been with us for three years now and he’s fit in perfectly. Does fantastic work with the lads.

Congrats - must feed into Vins senior team eventually, I see Vins in minor hurling final also…

Hopefully!!!

Congratulations Alan, some achievement

Ardscoil/Colaiste Eoin final in Senior as well. We beat Aidans today in one semi while Eoin beat Colaiste Eanna in the other. We’re going for three in a row but it ain’t going to be easy!

Results from round one the other week:

Sat Jan 7th 2017

Top Oil Leinster PP Sch SH “A” 'Group Teams; Rd 1

• Laois Schools 3-17 Meath Schools 0-15
  • Dublin South 3-14 Antrim Schools 1-16
  • Offaly Schools 0-13 Dublin North 1-11
  • Wexford Schools 12-17 Westmeath Schools 1-04

Dublin North and Dublin South today progressed in the ‘Group Teams’ phase of the Top Oil Leinster GAA Schools SH ‘A’ Championship.

The two teams from the capital will now meet next Saturday, with a place in the quarter finals against reigning champions Kilkenny CBS the reward for the winners.

Today, Dublin North beat Wexford Schools by 3-9 to 1-12, and Dublin South defeated Laois Schools by 3-25 to 0-6.

The quarter-finals are due to take place on Saturday, 4th February, and here is a reminder of the draw which was held before Christmas.

St Kieran’s College v Borris VS
St Brendan’s CS, Birr v St Peter’s, Wexford
Good Counsel College v Castlecomer CS
Kilkenny CBS v Dublin North or Dublin South

North and South at the same stage as last year’s teams. Augurs well. Will it be in Parnell Park?

To be fair you’d expect them to get there really, wexford schools are without Good Counsel and St.Peter’s players.

Anyone know who won between north and south dub?

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/dublin-north-v-dublin-south-post-primary-hurling-leinster-senior-a-championship

Thanks @LiamMac the leinster council facebook page last week said it was “this saturday” …