Dublin Club Transfers

very true but very disappointing for good loyal Parnells people. To see them relegated by walkovers and then 25 players request a transfer. Many “Smaller” clubs around the city would be working with a panel of less than 25

Edit here as I see @parnellshurler has pointed out that not all of the transfers are from the first team which makes my above point invalid

Very sad to see. I think the suggestion of pooling the Senior and Junior teams together and going to Division 5 might be a good call, for the 2019 season anyway.

Is that something that is allowed or do you have to play in your top teams division?

Transfer was rejected by his club.

Could someone PM the list please

@DUB09 have you any left?

From chatting to someone who has seen the “application” list at least, his name never appeared on it

PM’ed you the full list there :+1:

Any chance I could get it aswell @DUB09 ?

He asked for a transfer from his club. But was told it wouldn’t be sanctioned.

That’s interesting. So he didn’t bother applying. It makes sense.

Isn’t it amazing that Parnells are struggling to field one Adult team while a club like Realt Dearg have 3 on the go. I do think there are demographic factors at play here as well. A lot of younger people, especially country folk choose South Dublin as where they want to live.

Realt Dearg set up in a traditional flat land area. It will be interesting to see how sustainable the club is (ie. promote juvenile hurling) as there at no available hurling pitches in the immediate area and Ranelagh Gaels have set up underage hurling. They are currently playing in An Caisleann where St James Gaels operate from, nestled in between Good Counsel and Crumlin who appear to be struggling (by their own standards).

No list yet, Club secretaries are made aware who has applied for transfer in/out, the objections have to be in by Thursday in writing and then there will be a list of one that are granted and ones that have to go for decision.
No list yet, Club secretaries are made aware who has applied for transfer in/out, the objections have to be in by Thursday in writing and then there will be a list of one that are granted and ones that have to go for decision.

Thanks to all for the PMs re above - today being Wednesday. My PM facility seems to be down but I hope you get all the information you need in the bold text above. If you are still not sure please PM @Liamo who will fill you in.

So are you going to send the list or what

Such a tease.

If it is who I think it is, he has been all but ostracised from the GAA club.

was talking to senior member of that team and he said he wants nothing to do with him after the way he went about it. Will make for an interesting year next year anyway

Almost certain that your bottom team drops out and the top team stays.
Maybe an exception could be made for parnells in this case, but if you start at parnells you can be guaranteed a whole new can of worms would be opened and other clubs would look to exploit.

Youre a day ahead of yourself there, don’t want to be spammed again tomorrow :joy:

Absolutely no problem I’ll send on the list dub09 pm’d me earlier when I get a chance. If i don’t get a chance pm dub09 and he’ll oblige.