Cricket

Samuels got his eye in pretty good and some big hitters to come in after. Be very surprised if Zimbabwe can pull this one back now.

Squeaky bum time…
Run rate below 6 but wickets falling quickly.

West Indies doing their best to throw this away.
Should still be okay you would think!!

Balls… not what the Nurse ordered.

Wicket badly needed. One more boundary will probably seal it for the Windies.
FFS… nearly had him run out.

And that’s that now… game over.

That’s Ireland’s small chance of getting through gone now by looks of things unfortunately.

Shite n onions, when I saw all the posts I thought it must be good news. :tired_face:

Ireland might have a friend in the weather (or not).
West Indies look like progressing. Rain has stopped play v Scotland with Scotland behind in the run chase. A West Indies win sees them through and Scotland out.
Zimbabwe would then qualify with a win over the UAE. However, the weather forecast is somewhat dodgy for the next few days in Harare. If no result was declared (due to rain) between Zimbabwe and the UAE, Zimbabwe would move onto 6 points, two ahead of Ireland and Afghanistan. It would then mean that the winners of that final group game on Friday (between Ireland and Afghanistan could possibly overtake Zimbabwe on Nett Run Rate - not wholly unlikely, especially for Ireland, their NRR is marginally worse than Zimbabwe’s.

Forecast is for rain tomorrow … but also for Friday

Can we stop taking over threads with weather discussion? :wink:

Hence my first line.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO42169

Maggie Thatcher, Sir Winston Churchill, your boys took one hell of a beating!!!

Great recovery considering they were 27 for 9!!!

And number 9 got 33 no. Sounds like some sort of John Lennon song…

UAE going ok here and Rain on the way aswell !!!

Its Raining

Need the rain to last so that the game is a washout. It Zimbabwe get to bat for 15-20 overs, they will have a vastly reduced target. D/L method seems to favour a team who has yet to bat but then get to bat, I seem to recall?

Yeah that is true it looks like its going to be on and off for the day… anyone know the min overs they can bat to make a result is it 10?

I think it’s 12.

Just read there… I think it is actually 20 overs. Hopefully, not enough time for Zimbabwe to bat their 20 and hopefully a drier day tomorrow.