Colleges Hurling 2018/19

DIT have trollier, Brennan, Hendrick, Ryan, Kelly to name a few more grey with dcu also

Injured for another 6-7 weeks

I mean in last years fitzgibbon final they stayed in the game for a while against a very strong UL team,they had a big Dublin representation with Conroy,Conor Burke and Gray coming off the bench also

Few dubs panelists involved for DIT

Dcu also

A few players moved clubs too :wink:

Ben Quinn Good Counsel … Transfer must have gone through.

That’s the best Fitz panel i think I’ve ever seen. Rightly favourites to win it out.

Jesus there are two teams that could potentially win it on that panel - wow!

Between DIT, UCD & DCU there’s an awful lot of dubs playing. Which can only be good.

It’s interesting who did start the game, and who didn’t with DCU. Killian Doyle, Patrick Curran, Rory O Connor, Conor Burke, Eoghan Conroy, Rian McBride etc. all not on the team. Bar two or three I think I could pick a stronger team from those that didn’t start then those who did. Maybe they are trying to balance guys workload with counties.

Yea definitely went through as did the others from crumlin to counsel.

One of the big turn arounds, for years even dublin colleges had no dubs playing with them. Call only be good for the county

Would have had an issue selecting a team had we progressed in the Wlash cup.

Spoilt for choice, whether they can get the best team playing is going to be their challenge, and do they have the scoring forwards to win it? Good to see Paul Crummy goals for UCD.

Scorers for UCD: R Hayes 0-8 (0-8f), P Crummey, E Callaghan, S Carey 1-1 each, J Malone 0-1.

Scorers for NUI Galway: E Niland 0-12 (0-9f), C Sheedy 1-1, I Fox 0-2, D Burke (f), A Geaney, C Whelan 0-1 each.

UCD: B Hogan (Lorrha-Dorrha); I O’Shea (Athenry), H Lawlor (O’Loughlin Gaels), M Purcell (Thurles Sarsfields); D Ryan (Clonakenny), R Lennon (Bennettsbridge), D Fitzgerald (Inagh-Kilnamona); C MacGabhann (Kilmacud Crokes), G Molloy (Naomh Éanna); J Malone (Cuala), P Guinan (Drumcullen), E Callaghan (Kinnity); S Carey (Young Ireland’s), P Crummey (Lucan Sarsfields), R Hayes (Kilmacud Crokes).

Subs: R Purcell (Thurles Sarsfields) for Molloy (41), C McGuckian (Naomh Éanna) for Callaghan (43), S Quirke (Moyle Rovers) for Carey (53).

NUI Galway: S Hennessy (Nenagh Éire Óg); P Monaghan (Craughwell), J Fitzpatrick (Killimordaly), D Connolly (Killimordaly); C Caulfield (Kilconieron), P Hoban (Loughrea), A Geaney (Craughwell); S Loftus (Turloughmore), I Fox (Sarsfields); D Burke (St Thomas’), C Whelan (Kinvara), S Fletcher (Roscrea); C Sheedy (Roscrea), E Niland (Clarinbridge), B Concannon (Killimordaly).

Subs: S Thomas (Ballygar) for Connolly (5), M Lynch (Kilnadeema) for Fletcher (half-time), C Jennings (Loughrea) for Caulfield (50), S McArdle (Clarinbridge) for Monaghan (55), L Forde (Ardrahan) for Loftus (60).

Not really too disappointed now about losing to galway seeing the amount of players that played Fitzgibbon, we wouldnt have had a team as our team is actually very young. The 24 wouldnt include the lads playing freshers hurling so theres probably closer to 30 lads involved at this time with the college,great to see

UCD obviously rate MacGabhann highly if he is starting at midfield in that company. He hasn’t got a run with Dublin at all though.