Colleges Hurling 2018/19

UCC won the Fitz final comfortably, DCU must be kicking themselves.

Colaiste Eoin in All Ireland Q Final next Wednesday in Thurles V CBS Midleton, winners of the Harty Cup

That’s a tough one.

very tough.

Great experience for those young lads, however. A measure of Col Eoin’s progress.

Ref was a major player in it though - seems to be a trend now to give last minute penalties against Dublin teams!

Col Eoin playing football reply tomorrow as well. Big ask to get up for another big game so close. Tough to compete in both. I’m sure lads have club games at weekend also.

Cuala got their game off last weekend. Not sure lads will be playing for clubs on Sunday.

Never agreed with schools games being played at the weekend.

Looks like benildus got well beaten in b final. Still a long way to go to get a second Dublin school up to A standard.

Understand your sentiments re school games weekends etc ,however bear this in mind the amount of time lads have had to take off during the year for Colleges training and matches , my lad who played with the north team is doing his leaving cert he missed serious amount of time off , I’d have loved some of it to be at weekend

Col Eoin are playing in Nolan Park on Wednesday at 2pm

Col Eoin beaten by last minute goal 1 14 to 1 12. Tough luck

Balls.
A great year for them, however.

Ah God that’s awful - the football replay can’t have helped. Great effort all year though - well done to CE!

Dara Purcell was a huge loss to them also.

I doubt you could back Kieran’s at this stage.

Big time. Any news on his recovery? Minors could do with having him back too

Talking to some lads heard they asked to have it put back to this weekend but we’re refused. Doesn’t help being a dual school in fairness.

Mean spirited … not much grá for the auld Dubs out there I’d say …

Was at the game. Cracking game and I’d usually never say anything about referees but today is an exception. Eoin were four points behind and the clock was ticking down - inside the last five minutes but Eoin had been winning a lot of ball. Scored a point from play, came out of a ruck with the next ball and ran the pitch, well worked to score a goal. Sides level, two minutes into extra time. Won the next ball, on the attack and win a free. Padraig O Luinneacháin put it over and Eoin are a point ahead. Over four minutes extra time on the clock and ref waves on the puckout. Ball out over the sideline for Midleton and ref waves on the sideline cut. Five minutes+ on the clock. Sideline dropped into the goal and deflected into the net. Ref immediately blows full time. Very unfair and lads devastated.