Colleges Hurling 2018/19

Fitzgibbon Semi Finals are on today, who is playing who? GAA.ie not updated since the end of jan :tired_face:

Thanks @niceday2, DCU v UCC is a tough one! Seem to have been the two most impressive sides so far.

Congrats colaiste eoin, dare to dream of all dublin final !

On live now on www.electricireland.ie/hec . 6 Dubs starting for DCU

nice one wifi - thats a great service.

So DCU guys are free now anyway. Jammy enough win for UCC after extra time. Very harsh penalty to win it Mc Bride, O Donnell and Smith were excellent. Whitely very good. Crummy good. Burke ineffective, and taken off early. He can’t make it playing loose, he has to get involved…

I will post a score or two tomorrow from portlaoise hopefully with Dublin North doing the business, big ask but lads won’t be fearing the black and white , hopefully a good ref as both sides when they play fairly tear into each other , don’t need a fussy Fokker giving us a stop start type of game ruined with free after free

Late killer pen in extra time.

Now the DCU players can go back to bating the heads off each other at the weekend

Watched them play CIT and for all the talent they have,they didn’t seem to gel together,didn’t watch the game tonight but maybe it caught up on them

With no Dublin college or club left to compete for anything else,barring current injuries we shouldn’t have too many excuses for the rest of the league

Strange game, very little quality. Mainly guys scrapping it out in the middle of the field. UCC stayed in it because they had two nippy forwards (Kingston and a Kerry lad). That’s what we are missing in the full forward line, someone who can win a race for a ball and then take on their man. Dillon can, but he miscontrols a good few.

Burke had the ball in his hands twice. From that he scored one good point. But he needs to be kept loose and be fed ball. I can’t see it working at championship level at the moment, but maybe the harder ground will bring him on.

McBride and Whitely are too great battlers. McBride probably has a smidgin more quality of the two.

Smith is pure class. I don’t think we have ever had a corner back with that potential.

Not sure it was one tbh. UCC point from free in normal time that was wide, was very telling in the end.

The kerry player was very good. Agree it was a scrappy battle, McBride was good. Smyth and o’donnell Also. Burke seemed to be playing very deep at one point.

No bother to ye …

I wasn’t sure he was playing at all for most of it to be honest. He has to, has to, has to, add intensity to his game. I can see managers telling him to stay loose and put it over the bar when he’s free, but loose doesn’t exist against the big teams. Brilliant hurler, but I fear for what he is being told to do.

Plenty of Dublin lads on a very good DCU and a potential all Dublin colleges final

When will things click at senior ?:joy::joy:

Smyth and EOD are serious bits of stuff. Surprised by Whitely, he’s turning in to a fine player. Thought Chris was average enough by his standards. Looks like he needs a rest. Having said that I was watching on a 4 inch screen on my phone in work !

Can we get that Kerry lad a job and a club up here, maybe Parnells or O Tooles :):sweat_smile:

Them North Kerry lads are a match for anyone with the small ball.
Darragh O Connell from North Kerry was central to Cuala going on that 3 year run.

Shane Conway is wanted in Cork but I heard he comes from a very loyal hurling family in Kerry.

You’d wonder how they produce these type of hurlers in a small pocket of North Kerry.

The Wexford lads looked tired today, Davy must be running the bejaysus out of them.

I won’t be drawn…