Colleges Hurling 2018/19

Veale came up from Crokes 2nd team for semi final. Serious hand on him…

Does he not need to beef up a bit?

The other lad with a serious hand on him is that Flynn young lad from Cuala. I wasn’t really aware of him before this years club championship, but he impressed me a lot from what I did see.

Is his hurling up to speed for inter-county?

Looked fairly sturdy to me…

Bit of training can’t see why not. Similar to Hedgo, right training could be looking at both of them in full forward line in future.

Conor Burke, Rian McBride, Daire Grey, Eoghan Conroy (good to see him involved), Colin Currie all on the bench.

Burn out is not a one size fits all issue , just as lads mature size wise in height so does bone density, impact , running etc all takes its toll individually , one lad may get to play Senior having taken the same route as most and never have an issue , he’s lucky and as such it’s not an argument for not looking after others

McBride starts in place of McGibb

good win down in cork

Game was in Dublin ?

Good win in Dublin :slight_smile:

was impressed with Smyth,Burke was good in patches.

Hard game to judge players on but your man Paudie Foley from Wexford was outstanding

Trinity back to earth

Went over to it earlier. Trinity just lacked experience, there’s certainly something to build on. FORB & Cian O’Sullivan very impressive. Trinity backs forced Carlow to shoot from distance, but, they didn’t miss. Trinity played one man full forward line which killed them,and don’t know why their line didn’t change tactics, as Carlow just cleaned up in the backs.
Have to say level of refereeing was atrocious, two blatant high tackles on the head and ref did nothing.