Champions League 2018/19

don’t think the season is going as well for him as it was last year - prob frustrated - gave the ball away for second goal

yeah we needed to buy a few players , but there is no point in buying shite - we did that and have sissoko for 30 million.

He was in good company. Mbappe gave the ball away for ‘Pool winner.

But was his reaction one of anger?
Last season was always going to be a hard act to follow. Also, from what I recall, it took him a month or two to get going last season. Plenty of time for him to turn it around again but I would be worried if his reaction last night was of anger.

The full clip shows him celebrating the goal as soon as it goes in and the throwing of the water bottle I’d say was more in frustration at himself for almost costing us the win.

He’s not scored as many as he should haver but he’s still lightening quick and still getting in great positions… the goals will come (he just needs to take his points first!)

Fair enough. I didn’t see the full clip.

well call you ‘off the ball’ from now on - full comment and opinion without having the facts *

*disclaimer - not a dig at your - just off the ball !

Aye @Bosco - but ye won’t move on when you’re standing still. I think it’ll be a fair achievement for Spurs to stay in the top 4 this season tbh.

with a definitely improved Chelsea and even Arsenal seem to be grinding out a few results, top 4 will be very competitive this year

Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea all looking good for a Top 4 finish, so far. Fourth spot is up for grabs. I think Man Utd will be very inconsistent over the season, struggling to finish in the top 4.

yeah i agree - few of the main players signed new contracts , so that was a positive i suppose. but yeah gonna be a tougher season this year than others - supporters are pissed off going to wembley as well.

:belgium: Club Brugge 0 :de: Borussia Dortmund 1

Club Brugge unlucky not to get a draw with Dortmund last night at Jan Breydelstadion. The goal was a bit of a fluke Matej Mitrovic trying to clear off the boot of Pulisic and looping over goalie Karlo Letica and in. Encouraging to see Ivan Leko stick with 3 at the back. Young Thibault Vlieticnk was excellent in the 55 minutes he was on the pitch. Unfortunately he ran out of gas and had to be subbed for the more experienced Dion Cools. Vlietinck had a good cross headed wide by forward Jelle Vossen around 10 minutes. They had another good chance when Arnaut Danjuma’s shot was just pushed away by Dortmund goalie Roman Burki. Center back Stefano Denswil also had a shot from about 30 yards out just whistle wide of Burki’s net. Club Brugge were certainly on top for the majority of the first half with playmakers Hans Vanaken and Ruud Vormer moving the ball quickly all around the pitch but couldn’t get that goal to show for it. The second half was not the prettiest and at times it seemed like Dortmund were just going through the motions. Lucien Favre didn’t put his strongest team out and it nearly backfired if not for the late goal. I thought wingers Marco Reus and Jaden Sancho were pretty ineffective and right back Łukasz Piszczek was pretty anonymous throughout the whole match.

:es: Barcelona 4 :netherlands: PSV 0

PSV didn’t play badly by any means but they were up against the best team in the world at keeping posession at it really showed in the last 20 minutes. The Eindhoven giants had some good counterattacking chances in the first half with Gaston Pereiro blazing over and Steven Bergwijn just bending an effort to the far post wide. Luuk De Jong did the donkey work up top holding the ball up to allow the PSV full backs Denzel Dumfries and Angelino to get forward. Barcelona took the lead through Lionel Messi with an inch perfect free kick curled up and over the wall and into the top right corner of the net. A great individual goal from Ousmane Dembele doubled the Catalans lead with 15 to play. Then Ivan Rakitic floated a ball into Messi who rolled the ball into the far corner. Messi got his hat trick about 3 minutes later with another perfect finish far corner played in by Luis Suarez.

Great stuff. I didn’t even know the results and now I know everything. And more. Denzel Dumfries has come a long way.

I think you are unfair on right back Łukasz Piszczek saying he was pretty anonymous throughout the whole match. He played quite well for a guy whose boots were pinching his instep for the whole 90 mins.

Denzel Dumfries is one of my favorite names in the Eredivisie along with Django Warmerdam.:joy:

How do you get so much time to watch all the matches? I suppose the staggered kick off times are helping

Staggered kick off time means I’m able to watch 2 games in a day. Those were the 2 games I saw yesterday.

I am staggered.

Goes to show how the media love to stir the pot

Have you no job to be keeping you out of trouble?