Champions League 2018/19

Do you work nights stateside?

On the Tenth time of asking can Red Bull Salzburg finally make it to the UCL Group Stage?

2nd leg between Salzburg and Red Star Belgrade in 20 minutes.

Sorry I missed your previous nine posts asking this. Yes - yes, I believe they can.

HT Salzburg 1 Red Star Belgrade 0

Dominant first half from the Austrian champions. Could of taken the lead early on when right back Stefan Lainer curled in behind to Zambian striker Patson Daka who go the ball past the keeper but before he could get the shot away Red Star Belgrade center back and captain Vujadin Savic managed to block the shot behind for the corner saving a certain goal. Center half Andre Ramalho had an effort from about 30 yards out just pushed away by Canadian goalie Milan Borjan. Picked up in the corner by Munas Dabbur who passed to all action Mali midfielder Amadou Haidara who’s shot was easily stopped by Borjan. Right on the stroke of ht Salzburg got the goal they were looking for as captain and left back Andreas Ulmer floated a great cross in that was touched home delicately into the top left corner of the net by the Israeli forward Dabbur.

Really like the look of Red Star Salzburg.

Another stunning report name checking nine different players and a delicate goal. Excellent.

‘Could of’ at the start of the second line the main talking point. It’s got to be ‘could have’ surely?

Nah, that’s the way the yanks say it :roll_eyes:

No. Real yanks say could’a as in “I coulda had class, I coulda bin a contender”.

Oh Dear :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

“I coulda been form America”.

Juve & Man U drawn together , tasty !

Has CR7 played against Man u since he left?

Fairly sure he played and scored at Old Trafford in a Champions League knockout game a few years back

Some Nice away days for Club Brugge drawing Athleti, Dortmund, and Monaco. No pressure on them so hopefully they can take a few points off them at home.

I think Liverpool will need a 3rd goal to put this game to bed.

How good has Milner been for Liverpool so far this season?

Again probably MOTM tonight

What a goal !!

Oh bobby!!! Supporting Liverpool and Mayo is torture. Well deserved win there this evening. I thought PSG were pathetic and Liverpool worked their socks off…really should not have been looking for a winner, a bit like he spurs game.

Poor result for spurs last night , really think we are going to struggle at times with players not rested or fully fit that were at the world cup.

Defensive midfield looks to be a major weakness , with Dier (good squad player average midfielder/defender) not playing well (see average midfield/defender comment), Dembelle while class , is also not fit enough anymore to play every game , Wanyama is better than dier in midfield , but seems to be injured the whole time.

going to be a long season - especially with the stadium not opening on time - it brings more focus on spurs

Did he use any of the players ye bought for this season?

Spurs need to hang in and retain CL football for a few seasons. If they can keep Poch until such a time that they can start to spend big time on new players, I think Poch could still be the man.

Mo Salah’s reaction to Firminho’s winner… done in anger or celebration?