Champions League 2018/19

God @Bosco you’re beginning to sound like an Arsenal fan. And look what happened to them.

Take that back

I think spurs will struggle in the short to medium term on the field. The new stadium will set them up financially eventually but look at arsenal since they moved and they are a bigger, more successful club than spurs.

That’s all I said … :wink:

Brilliant…
But it’s just not the same without Jason Orange.

I think Arsenal will become the dominant team in England in 3 years time. There I said it. Again

What’s that based on?

A hunchback. And I think their club is in a better state than most, they have come through what have been relatively lean years following their last golden era in rude health. Get the right coach, I think if they can hold onto most of their best upcoming talent they will drive on.

Not a hope.

They will be lucky to stay close to the top 4 as simply they won’t spend money on players.

If they can get Top 4, they will be in a position to attract top players. It will then be whether the board wouldn’t spend the money (that was/is there) or if Wenger wouldn’t spend it.

I think Brian Cowen will forge a lucrative career as a male model.

That will need to change somewhat for sure, and it might, but I think most of all they need to get a great crop of development squad talent, plus scouts and a manager who spot great bargains.

Agreed. I don’t know the ins and outs, I suspect the board wanted to keep it steady til the ground debts payed off, whilst knowing that Wenger would keep them competitive enough with the odd trophy, thereby forming a very good basis to push on when the time is right.