But that was always the way …

I might set myself up as some sort of Napoleonic figure. Anyone with me? (loads of dosh in it for ye …)

Napoleon liked to ■■■■ with the Brits, I’m in.

We could always be magnanimous and allow them to join the Irish Commonwealth … thus securing their EU membership …

I admire the British decision to switch from Brussels rule to … Belfast …

Corbyn could cobble together a coalition including Sinn Fein. Give Gerry the Ministry of Defence?

Naw … he has no military experience …

I read the Scottish Conservative leader sought assurances from Theresa May over the DUP.

She’s a gay Protestant Unionist who’s set to marry her Irish Catholic partner.

That could be an awkward first meeting…

She is a formidable politician from what I’ve seen of her, saved mays arse the other day. Will be leader of the tories in the not too distant future I suspect.

Yeah, I only saw her recently but comes across as very capable.

But was reading a short piece about the DUP delegation for London.

Some of their views are just incredible, whether it’s on homosexuality, creationism, or climate change.

Reminds me of the joke about the pilot landing into Belfast who asks his passagers to rewind their clocks back to 1690.

Certainly. But there is something about the blatant way politicians no longer hide their duplicity. It’s like they have cottoned on to the fact that the electorate will fall for anything and they’ve simply stopped pretending.

Take FG & Varadkar for example. ‘Not a cent more’ he said, and yet when his government did plow more into the banks he simply gave an answer, waited for the next story to come along, then all is forgotten. Now he’s portrayed as a fresh broom, an honest broker type.

Or Joan Burton & Labour talking about austerity, FF talking about the banks now. They realise you can say any old shite and people will fall for it.

Perhaps Brexit, Trump etc, was a response to this diminished accepted authority of the political classes. And yet ironically merely serves to prove the problem at the same time, that fundamentally people will believe anything.

One of the highlights of the week ( probably for some time ) was a snippet of an interview on RTE radio 1 , with Sean ORourke , morning after the election results . He had Noel Whelan ( an FF strategist ), R Boyd Barrett and few others . He cut away to speak with a UK commentator and then back to the editor of, having apologised for keeping her waiting as Noel Whelan had waffled about Brexit. She said the studio panel were political illiterates for coming out with the rubbish they did and queried whether they were watching the same election. There was a momentary silence before ORourke went to close that section of programme up and thank the guests . Not often that happens…

The editor of what?

Ha. I must have just missed that. Could imagine the faces on them all. Especially Whelan who considers himself as some political soothsayer or svengali type when he’s merely a second rate Harris, a bullshitein’ spoofer.

Boyd Barrett is not much better.

People actually don’t know what to believe, who to believe, or what’s the alternatives anymore. The disinterest and cynicism of many people has also led to this, people aren’t offering anything, or trying to change anything.

He’s comedy gold. To hear his yesterday you’d think Corbyn was 60 seats ahead of May.

Wonder will certain sections of the British Media bring this up like they did with Corbyn and Adams

at least the tabloids arent total hypocrites