Best Championship Grading by Club Since 2000

I want to document the best Championship grading each club has had in Hurling since 2000 to better understand Club’s that have fallen and those that have risen. Please post your club’s best Championship grading and the year they made the leap. Please do not go back further than the 2000 Championship.

Here are some examples.

Realt Dearg - Junior B (2017)
Skerries Harps - Junior B (2017)
Naomh Barrog - Senior A (2017) - at least I think this was their first year in Senior A
St.Sylvestres - Senior B (2013)

Castleknock - Senior B (2016)

For those that have fallen would it be best to give you the year they fell if they were at a top level pre 2000?

Yes that would work as it would show the last highest grading they played in post 2000. Thanks.

Erin’s Isle-Senior A 03/04

I wonder which teams have been Senior A the whole time? Ballyboden, Kilmacud, Cuala, O’Toole’s?

Mearnog were senior A for a time in the 2000s not sure exactly when, junior A now

Cuala certainly weren’t. They were in a bad way in the early 00s. Just shows the effort gone in since then.

The only teams in Senior A championship since 2000 have been Craobh, O Tooles, Boden and Vinnies. The Lucans, Crumlins, Na Fianna, Crokes etc have had stints in the B

I think Vincent’s, o tooles and craobh would be the longest in senior A, but the longest I’d say could Vincent’s that would be going back to the 70/80 since then could be wrong.

BallyBoden St Endas Senior A the whole time
Castleknock 2016 Senior B
Craobh Ciaran Senior A the whole time
Erin’s Isle 2004 Senior A
Naomh Barrog 2017 Senior A
Naomh Mearnog 2005 Senior A
O’Toole’s Senior A the whole time
Realt Dearg 2017 Junior B
Skerries Harps 2017 Junior B
St Vincents Senior A the whole time
St.Sylvestres 2013 Senior B

Can we get some more contributions. Have Raheny or Whitehall been Senior A during the stated period? When did Judes first break into Senior A?

I believe next year will be Rahenys first year in Senior A, Whitehall haven’t been in it since the 90s roughly I’d say

Commercials winning senior B 2004
Senior A 2005

Marks won Senior B in 2006, spending one year in Senior A the following year

Trinity Gaels won the IHC in 2000 or 2001 - I think 2000. What year did the Senior B HC come into being?

Trinity were Senior A in 2002. They beat us in the preliminary round to go through. Senior B is in since 1999. It was the senior shield before that

Havent a clue re ourselves. Think we were Senior B in early 2000’s?

I have added next year as team’s have already qualified for these gradings.

BallyBoden St Endas Senior A the whole time
Castleknock 2016 Senior B
Commercials 2005 Senior A
Craobh Ciaran Senior A the whole time
Erin’s Isle 2004 Senior A
Naomh Barrog 2017 Senior A
Naomh Mearnog 2005 Senior A
O’Toole’s Senior A the whole time
Raheny 2018 Senior A
Realt Dearg 2017 Junior B
Skerries Harps 2017 Junior B
St Marks 2007 Senior A
St Vincents Senior A the whole time
St.Sylvestres 2013 Senior B
Trinity Gaels 2002 Senior A
Whitehall Colmcille 2018 Senior A

Considering Trinity Gaels had no team for a few years recently that is a massive fall from Senior A in 2002. They won the D Championship this year so might start moving back up the gradings again. Seems like Raheny is probably the biggest Riser over the period in question.

Too many dual players, I reckon. If they had concentrated more on hurling than football in the aftermath of winning the IHC I think they could have challenged for the SHC A. Winning that championship would probably have been beyond them but I think they would have given the top teams back then a run for their money.
I think they beat Craobh in the IHC final when they won it. That would have been Craobh’s 2nd team. At what level does Craobh’s 2nd team play now? Whatever the answer is, it is remarkable that they have remained in the Senior A championship all of this time.