Ask ResDubs

Does my nut in.

Why would it even bother you?

Just think it looks ridiculous and grossly exaggerated.

Judging by what the likes of Bangkok is going through at the minute, it’s probably not grossly exaggerated to them

Make sure you get the current one

I always wear one of those face masks when I go outside the Pale.

@DUB09 was that not part of the parole agreement…

SY355

Over there or in Beijing, fair enough. I could be wrong, but I think @_TL’s original remark was they were being worn I Dublin.

I’ve always assumed they just become a force of habit regardless of where you are

I suppose you may get a few quare looks if you walk around Bangkok wearing a Dublin GAA Geansai.

I always thought they were the Shinto (not that hurley game) equivalent of the Muslim niqab.

Indeed. Always find it odd, and it seems to be only people from that region that wear them.

Its actually the complete opposite of this they wear them to stop spreading colds etc

Yep. The sister-in-law is Chinese and she only wears it when she is sick herself.

Is that because of Asian flu or something? Anyway its not just for that reason as I’ve most often seen people cycling with them on, yer not giving anyone a cold or whatever if you cough while on yer bike.
The pollution reason doesn’t wash either, not in Dublin really, probably the cleanest air in almost any of the Euro main cities, because of the weather

Is the cycling thing for the cold air?

[quote=“FiscalRectaltude, post:2057, topic:568, full:true”]
Anyway its not just for that reason as I’ve most often seen people cycling with them on, yer not giving anyone a cold or whatever if you cough while on yer bike.[/quote]

I would say it’s just force of habit, its probably ingrained in their psyche. Asians think different than we do (in the west) and are generally more considerate and mindful of others, . I’ve often heard people who think they’re on their own apologise after a sneeze or yawn, I assume that’s pure habit otherwise who are they apologising to

Can anyone remember what year the AI Quarter Finals were moved out of Croke Park?

Did we play Kerry in Thurles in 2001? Was that the quarter finals though?

Yeah you’re right that was it. I’m just trying to fact check something that I was told.

They were moved back to Croker in 2002.