Allianz Football League (NFL1) 2018

Normally I’d agree…but because of the Galway game…Mayo might be viewed as the common denominator if it happens in their next game.

I personally feel that Mayo get cut more slack than other teams because of their ‘bridesmaid’ status…but a few more bust-ups and they could find themselves under media pressure.

I mentioned yesterday that i felt Mayo have got up to the same badness (if not more) than Tyrone from last decade…but don’t seem to have taken the same the stick.

And the most plausible explanation is that the media cuts a losing team more slack.

Not sounding paranoid or anything !

Edit: I read somewhere that Kerry have picked up more black cards in the League since it was first introduced.

@Dub95 we have never said he couldn’t be named, we just decided that we would have a bit of fun and blank out his name :wink:

THATs true on kerry just goes to show they are the cynical eagle poisoners that we always knew they where and have been doing a keyser soze for all this time.

In fairness black cards are only one indicator…but I imagine if they had the least number of black cards…Kerry fans would be the first to crow about it.

Talking of Kerry…their last league game is in Healy Park.

Pitchforks are being sharpened.

13wiyq

B[quote=“upthedall, post:679, topic:2675”]
Talking of Kerry…their last league game is in Healy Park.
[/quote]

If Galway continue as they have started, then that last game will be a dogfight in Healy park. Thinking if Tyrone need the 2 points to stay up and Kerry needed them to make league final, ideal scenario for the neutral.

Well as strange as it sounds…

Tyrone had the chance to relegate Kerry back in 2015 on the last day…also in Healy Park. And they AI champs.

But Kerry played brilliantly and won by 2 pts (I think).

I’m not a bitter, twisted person…but I’ve a pile of needles ready for the voodoo doll on 25-March.

[quote=“upthedall, post:682, topic:2675, full:true”]
Well as strange as it sounds…

Tyrone had the chance to relegate Kerry back in 2015 on the last day…also in Healy Park. And they AI champs.

But Kerry played brilliantly and won by 2 pts (I think).

I’m not a bitter, twisted person…but I’ve a pile of needles ready for the voodoo doll on 25-March.
[/quote]

Didnt know Donaghy was starting.

Talking of KD and last decade…

Sean C was half-jokingly asked if the ‘05 Tyrone team could live with this Dublin side.

Can’t remember his exact answer other than they’d give them a rattle.

But got me thinking what a game that would’ve been.

A forward line of Peter C, S O’Neill, mulligan, McGuigan, Dooher and Sean C against these Dublin backs…and vice versa.

Both mobile and talented units. And hard.

Impossible to answer ofcourse.

I’ve said before that Dublin are the best side I’ve saw (so did SC last year)…so would give a begrudging nod to Dublin with the bench they have.

Happy enough to acknowledge two great teams.
Albeit one is still hopefully not finished yet.

I hear ye.

Tyrone gave plenty of happy moments up here…it was such a massive thing. Same with Armagh in 02.

I mind the place was filled with red and white bunting and thousands of people turning up to meet the coach in Bllatgawley. Felt like the success would go on forever.

Whose name?

That sleeveen tnuc who used to kick frees for Mayo.

I meant we are the only major team they haven’t beaten

You mind? Why did you mind, sure weren’t you only ecstatic.

An interesting one, I don’t think Dublin ever developed much of a rash for Tyrone unlike Kerry, but who’s to say it couldn’t’ve happened if we had been closer rivals at that time? The style of play we had back then would’ve still suited yous down to the ground.
Also one would have had to divide the study into seperate periods - 2010-2012, Dublin’s style of play was very similar to Tyrone. We out-Tyroned yis in 2010 but I think yis were on the way down so couldn’t claim we bate the best of yis. 2011 was a whole other ballgame and of no use to the research. But if that was against Tyrone at their best there would have been little in it. We still didn’t have the variety and absolute belief that came much later. In 2012 any very top team would have taken us, certainly yous at yisser best.

2013-14, I think yis would have done to us pretty much what Donegal did that fateful day. Maybe even worse because Tyrone at their best still had a better forward unit than Donegal.
2015 I think it would have been touch and go, Gavin and Co were into their first year with the new style of play, we were still vulnerable like when Mayo came back from the dead in the drawn semi-final.
2016-17 I think we might have been a nose in front with the refined tactics and the pace added to the squad. Then again, Tyrone might only have reached the Qtr final stage or less some of those years! :wink:

I think the more interesting question is, what would’ve happened if Tyrone and Kerry had met in 2004, or 2006, or 07?

Maybe they are trying very hard to lose their sympathy status because they think it will help them win the big one. It’s a mixed up muddled ol crazy world out there Zig.

Will ya hush down there 95, or you’ll have the whole west awake!

How about sent to Ballinrobe, will that get you to behave?