Rushe
Donal Burke
Danny
Colm Cronin
Conroy
M Schutte
Paul Ryan
Dillon

That’s about the best I could come up with. On the bench then O Sullivan, O Dwyer the Quinns, Treacy to provide pace off the bench etc. I’d have to take a punt on Conroy. We need some wing forwards who can win the ball in the air and we simply have none at present.

Chances are Mark Schutte is done and I’m not sure Danny will be back .

You are finally going with Paul Ryan and Cronin😂

At 11 we don’t really have a Tony Kelly type player who can stick 0-5. Failing that we need someone who will just stop opposition half backs catching the ball. He is good at that.

GC turned out to be a deluded, arrogant shambles. DCB come out of this very poorly, amongst many things allowing players to get too much say.

The arrogance and elitism in top level Hurling is holding back more counties from doing better. I can’t bring myself to watch any games of any county teams most of the time anymore. The collapse of what should have been a great, exciting young Clare team that could have saved hurling at the top level, along with Dublins progress and if that progress had continued, is thoroughly depressing. And I say that in the light of the most open championship in years. But unlike in the past, I find very little about it that inspires. Only arrogance and elitist cynicism.
I’ve no doubt Cork are and will be exciting and their recovery will be lauded as it should be but ultimately it will just continue to feed the status quo.

Don’t disagree. There is a cartel in hurling that’s quite happy with the status quo

And DCB are afraid of their Boll** of it…We have your footballers lining our pockets, but you’re not allowed join the Hurling gang…

What happened to Chris Bennett? Is he injured?

A cartel in hurling? What are ye on about.?

Please don’t close the thread, we need to get to 1.8K comments to beat the Dublin v Carlow thread.

It’s a cabal, not a cartel.

Sorry, Bart!

Dropped off the panel, reason given publicly to sort out injuries.

alot more to Cronin then being a stopper.

I’d go with something like, if peter Kelly gets fit and has a good shc all the better. Really can’t help thinking not playing club championship over the summer is holding us back.

Maguire
O Callaghan
O Donnell
Schutte
Durkin
Rushe
Crummy
Donal Burke
Rain McBride
Danny
Colm Cronin
M Schutte
Paul Ryan
Bennett
Dillon

He’s a good shot stopper but his decision making ( or his composure) is not up to scratch. Every team we faced this year exploited it

That’s a very decent team - there are other options too, young Boland if he gets injury free, the younger Treacy, Dotsy maybe has one more year,

There definitely room for improvement and that group would without a doubt improve things.

Tell me I’m off my rocker, it maybe the Jameson talking, but is there anything to be said for giving Dalo another crack? I know you should never go back but…

I think Anto would be a good short-term solution, to mend some things, with a view to progression to something else in a year. So maybe him plus a young guy who would then take it on. Needs a Dublin element too I think, and not just a token one.

Whoever it turns out to be it has to be people who will only do it if the DCB make much bigger commitment to the other things that need changing. Which in effect means the CB need to make some very good decisions.

Nah not going to happen . He’s director of hurling in limerick . Far more likely he will take Clare or limerick next

Hard to see Daly leaving the Limerick setup as it’s his job etc but would be a very good short term solution to mend the obvious personal issues that are there and it would also excite the younger players enough. It would also give us a big boost…
The idea of a younger manager with him (Fortune) and natives would help us long term similar to Ryan/O Shea in Tipp a couple of years ago. He would also get all players that are needed back. Couldn’t see it happening though.