Yea where was Maguire?
So this has been going through my head all day. Its 11:15pm here. Here being the boonies of upstate NY. I've been here for the past 3 years and as you can imagine the hurling coverage isn't the greatest. when i was back home I went to all the games, home and away. The replay against Kilkenny in 2013 is one of the sweetest memories I have - better than beating Galway a few weeks later.
I only found this forum in the past month. This is my first post that has any body to it.
What has happened to the team we had in 2013? Its only 4 years ago. Back then you could have argued we were in the top 3 in the country. No one could have denied we were top 5.
Back then I was from a small club in Fingal, located somewhere between the M1 and M2. They wouldn't know one end of a hurl from the other. There's one club from my area that actively try to promote hurling(hat tip to the Wild Geese). Unfortunately it wasn't my local club, which is a shame. My local club, it resembles the movie "Deliverance", the particular area I'm from. Answers on a postcard. Jameson is great for ranting.
Anywho, heres the team from 2013. Feel free to agree/disagree/fill in the blanks
Suspension is up? what gives?
Would Alan Nolan come back? axed according to media reports in 2015?
- he's pushing on a bit now(34/35), but did he have a fall out?
-former all star in 2013,still tweets about hurling clearly still has an interest(see tweet 7/7)
- reportedly dropped last year?
- would he come back, still only 28ish and a former all star(yeah I've said that already but im drinking)
- Now with footballers and not getting a sniff
- would he come back?
- retired - thanks for everything, great hurler
- wasted today at center forward
- IMO the best hurler we have right now, cracking player
- Quit last year, pissed off with GC from what I read.
- still 32 and a decent hurler
J McCaffrey (c),
- dropped last year. insane
- would he come back?
- still 29, quit from lack of game time? Thought myself he'd walk into that team today, rose tinted glasses maybe?
-great hurler, thanks
- still there, good hurler with a great heart
- In NY and reportedly loving life here,
- would he go back?
- pushing on but really should have started today IMO
- said he quit,but wasn't named in the squad for this year. always got scores, would have been an addition today. still only 28/29
- MOTM today but misused in the second half
add to that
Shane Durkin, opted out
Simon Lambert dropped/fall out with GC/Ger C U Next Tuesday
Then there is the clatter of footballers, Ciaran Kilkenny et al.
Apologies in advance for typos, bad language and formatting. I've been drinking heavily