All Ireland SFC 2017 SF Dublin v Tyrone, Croke Park, Sunday August 27th, 4pm

Penalty save was was great way to finish the match another little confidence boost for the lads not that they needed one at that stage it drove the crowd wild

Be a great way to finish of the year for Cluxton. Hopefully there’s at least an all star and no reason to give anyone else the sympathy vote.

A clean sheet in the final should guarantee him an all star couldn’t rule out of poty. Most serious pundits reckon he’s the most important link in the dubs set up. Arguably the most influential player in the last 10 year’s

Try 25 years

There’s nothing arguable about it

If not the most influential ever. But post Cluxton ( which will happen sometime), I would have a lot of faith in Comerford. His display in the 21 final was superb.

Agree. Comerford spends hours practicing and he has the best mentor ever in Clucko. I heard he’s involved as a goalkeeping coach with one of the development teams. An incredible young guy. Just hope Clucko stays for a couple more years.

My own personal opinion is he is the most influential player I’ve ever seen every keeper in the country at all levels have tried to or are trying to reach his standards a massive task .hes some roll model he’s changed the way the game is played all for the better.hopefully he hangs around for another few campaigns and does eventually get the poty at some stage

Some score by Darragh Canavan in last Sunday’s U17 Final.

Tyrone scored 2-18.

Some goal . Hope he thrives and we see more of him .

Hope you’re right.

The score-line and the way they play at least indicates there isn’t complete uniformity in the county.

They’re managed by Colly Holmes who played in the 03-08 team.

Try ever.

I played against him in colleges gaa this (last) year, and he robbed me of the best goal of my life, with the best save of his life. Hated his guts ever since :wink::joy:

First 25 minutes or so was the best performance I’ve seen Dublin produce. The goal, energy, width, turnovers, point taking and control was fantastic. I don’t think Tyrone’s system failure occurred in that period, I think that occurred in their failure to adapt and in that sense Dublin were never really tested as the game petered out.

It’s probably fair to say Mayo will bring an intensity we haven’t seen this season but we will also bring facets to a game Mayo havnt seen either.

Bar the fact Mayo have had more games I don’t see Dublin at a disadvantage in terms of the Mayo Kerry game. Mayo put up some great stuff v Kerry but also more that isn’t All Ireland like.

before we get carried away abeit a great performance by Dublin , Tyrone under performed

strong text[quote=“daedalus, post:1970, topic:2367, full:true”]

First 25 minutes or so was the best performance I’ve seen Dublin produce. The goal, energy, width, turnovers, point taking and control was fantastic. I don’t think Tyrone’s system failure occurred in that period, I think that occurred in their failure to adapt and in that sense Dublin were never really tested as the game petered out.

It’s probably fair to say Mayo will bring an intensity we haven’t seen this season but we will also bring facets to a game Mayo havnt seen either.

Bar the fact Mayo have had more games I don’t see Dublin at a disadvantage in terms of the Mayo Kerry game. Mayo put up some great stuff v Kerry but also more that isn’t All Ireland like.
[/quote]

My concern was they let us have 95 percent of the kickouts . The game was up there and then . You can’t do that against Dublin
Mayo won’t . Doesn’t mean they’ll win. But the game will be a proper contest

Absolutely it will be a proper contest. And I think what you said re the kickout will turn out true. Both kickouts will be keenly contested.

Have to agree that Tyrone underperformed. Mayo will not yield the kind of space that Dublin won/got. Most of the genuinely close encounters were yellow cards for our lads! The question is how good were Dublin and how bad were Tyrone?

Short kickout’s not the only weapon in Clucko’s armoury, early on in the game all Tymoan forwards pushed up and he hit Philly on the money around midfield

Midfield will be key with James mc and Fenton if we do decide to go long because of Mayo pushing up. Tyrone tried it 2 or 3 times and we pinged it over their heads. Although playing as in the backs ,Cian comes in and gives cover when one of the midfielders goes forward.
The energy Con and Mannion have mean they will chase Mayo runners all over the field before they get to our half backs.
Andy Moran and Cillian O’connor I feel will have to track back for good parts of the game .
Energy will be huge here .
If I was Mayo I would worry about age and games played catching up with them.
Mayo are a very good side , who will attack . But I see our freshness and pace really punishing them.