All Ireland Hurling Final, Kilkenny v Tipperary, Sun Sep 4th, Croke Park, 3.30pm

TK is a great man to run onto a loose ball or to take a pass in space, he can make a nice score out of that but he cannot win a 50:50 ball at SIC level. He goes missing in big/tight matches to the extent that you wouldn’t realise he was still on the field.
Look at the galway and WF championship matches this year for example.

I dont think anyone ever said WW is a stylist.

I tell you I wish we had a few players who went as missing as often as he does.

Charles your last comments about Tony Kelly mean that you can no longer be taken seriously in terms of your knowledge of hurling. Have the last word if you wish, but when you’ve had it, go and watch some hurling matches.

Says the man that reckons WW is not good enough. I’d say Brian Cody would beg to differ with you there but sure you’d probably say the same to him.
Its a wonder you didn’t apply your vast knowledge a little better in the SHC this year :sweat_smile::hamburger:

I’d welcome a player like Walter Walsh and Tony Kelly onto the dublin panel.

Good Man Tayto, we have consensus on this i hope. WW could win the ball and give it to Tony!:checkered_flag:

Charles if you knew your facts about my involvement in hurling, you wouldn’t say silly things like that. I hope you and I get to meet sometime. What club are you with? No doubt you have medals galore!! Tell you what?, I will bet you now in front of Reservoir Dubs that Kilkenny won’t win the senior hurling All Ireland in 2017. Five hundred Euro Charles . You give me odds of two to one as KK are most successful set up ever. You up for that?

Coming from the man who thinks Kelly isn’t good enough… Bizarre comment

Who won Player and Young player of the year in 2013? 1 Senior and 3 u21 All Irelands medals isn’t bad for a Harry Houdini act? He scored 3 each in 2 All Irelands finals against Cork in 2013 and scored 11 points against in 3 u21 finals. Watch his display for club Ballyea in county final 2 weeks ago, nearly won the game on his own

Didn’t say he wasn’t good or good enough, said he couldn’t win a 50
:50 ball at SIC level. Stick to what you read Bart, leave out the bit you make up in your own head please

Have you re-watched the 2 2016 SIC championship matches mentioned above? Ballyea/Clonlara and U21 is not SIC level. I also remember saying he had done nothing since 2013, I’m not contesting 2013 but then again conditions were in his favour that year. Again, please stick to the verbatum. I’ll reprint it for you:

TK is a great man to run onto a loose ball or to take a pass in space, he can make a nice score out of that but he cannot win a 50:50 ball at SIC level. He goes missing in big/tight matches to the extent that you wouldn’t realise he was still on the field

So you’re offering me KK ar 1/2?

Ha ha, why would I take that when they’re in the Bookies at 5/2???

5/2 is about right…for the 2nd best team in the land 2016.

If you think KK are 7 players short and have no chance (which unfortunately seems to be the case with Dublin) you would offer me 25/1 (which is what Dublin are at I think)

It’s nothing to do with Dublin Charles. If you were confident you would have taken my offer. I rest my case.

Tony K didn’t have a vintage year in championship after 2 excellent league finals including scoring the winning point in replay. I would blame Davy Fitz tactics as played Kelly in much deeper role in championship which didn’t suit his game. Donal Molohey/Gerry O’Connor will have a gameplan suiting attacking players like Tony K. What conditions were in his favour in 2013?? Your not Davy Fitz by any chance? :stuck_out_tongue:

You were doing so well up until you started bringing odds into it! He’s hardly going to take 1/2 with you when he can get nearly five times that in the bookies in fairness

The point is that he shouldn’t need any odds and he would have said yes, to face me down, if there was any chance he would win. There isn’t and he knows it.

Surely time to lock this thread with all the petty squabbling going on?

You’re one in a million on this one. For example Cody wouldn’t pick Walsh ahead of him if he had the choice. That I can guarantee you.

Where’s the guarantee???
That is a crazy comment cos you cant guarantee it.
I’d maintain the opposite. I reckon Cody wouldnt play him until he develops the capability to win ball. TJ Reid and Richie Hogan were sidelined until the proved themselves in that regard (Albeit in a time when cody had better options). I reckon BC wouldn’t have had today’s TK on the 2012 Team.

(As an aside Bart, as a Scoil Man, check up on anyone who watched the dismantlement of Glenmore in this years KKIHCSF. ask them about the match )