Adult Hurling League 2 (AHL2) 2019

He was over them last year as well.

Plunketts trainer from last year is gone.

Thought he only came in late last year? Still think he’ll do well, especially if they’ve young lads coming in.

No he was there from the start of last year or definitely at least this time last year anyway

Finbarrs second team seems to be high up the leagues which provides a good base for feeding players through. Any team serious about competing, or getting up to AHL1 needs their second squad to be competing at AHL4 at a minimum IMO. When lads get injured etc on the first team they need their second squad to be able to transition as quickly as possible.

Plunketts players have been involved with successful underage Colleges teams for last couple of years , they are still playing unlike some who fall away , there’s some excellent talent come through and I’d suggest over next few years the boys from navan road are more likely to be successful in the small ball than big ball

I’d second that I think they ll finish top 2 and progress to the final of the Senior B champ if not win it outright. All depending on the progress of a few young lads coming through, if not this year they will come strong within the next 2/3 years and step up to Senior A in my opinion.

They aren’t in Senior B this year

Brennan and Boland were in charge of them last year. Plunketts will be in the top 4 again this season.

Not sure O Tooles will run away with it as mentioned. The most the league has been won by in the last 5-6 years is 2 points

Not to mention the host of country lads Brennan always brings in from DIT or wherever his connections are.

Personally I don’t think it’s good with the imports. You can’t beat home grown youth in the long term for a club

Start of the league a week away any predictions

AHL2 looks very competitive. Faughs to go up. Will be interesting to see how O’Tooles do. I don’t remember them being in AHL2. They should be in the mix to go up, but it depends on the mood in the camp.

O Tooles beat faughs handy enough last year so for me o Tooles and one from Finbarrs,Faughs and Plunkets

I noticed that Faughs picked up a few on the transfer list from other counties over the Winter Months, some of them are decent Hurling clubs so if a few of these materialise they could be even a step further than last year. I would have them as favourites for this.

Not like them at all

First round of fixtures

I will go for Erins Isle, Barrog, Thomas Davis, Fionbarra, O’Tooles and Faughs
All home wins except with Fionbarra

I think Setanta will beat Isles in the local Derby.
Scoil to beat Barrog.
Toss of a coin between TD and Syls - I’ll go for TD on their building momentum.
Agree on the rest.

I think Setanta without Dubs there for taking, home win just…a nice start for Isles…

Barrog to beat Scoil

think Slys might grab the only away win,