Adult Hurling League 2 (AHL2) 2018

Barróg well beat Setanta by around 12 points.

Big win there by Scoil, I thought they would struggle AHL2 before it started.

Good physical side. Should be well able to handle the league. They would have a few young lads of a decent standard coming through now off the back of the Isles of the sea amalgamation over the last few years.

Any result from the Whitehall match?

Whitehall - Olafs was off

From what i’ve seen on their twitter and heard from a few friends they led barrog at half time and also were up by 9 points in 1st half against parnels at weekend before referee started listening to the home sideline and letting them back into the game.

Tommy Naughton is a great servant of Dublin Hurling and their rise can certainly be attributed to the work he’s putting in

Big gap to the next set of fixtures with championship due to take place in between

TOmmy is a legend!

We have never won when we have had that ref I’ll say no more about him
Scoile started very well Parnells got back into the game and it was level going into injury time when scoile scored two frees.
Scoile are a very good side very strong down the middle full back was man of the match we never looked like getting a goal because he won everything. But the come back was nothing and I’ll say it again NOTHING to do with the ref

League round up from Grassroots GAA

Any predictions for today?
Isles v Barróg… Barróg
Setanta v Parnells…
Scoil v Raheny…?? Either side.
The Bars v Whitehall. A close one…Bars
Plunketts v Olafs… plunketts.
8th May Crokes v Ballinteer…Ballinteer

Parnells gave Setanta a walkover

That’s desperate. Surely 15 players could have been fielded between their Adult hurling section

Unfortunately not huge problems with numbers 2nd team gave a walk over Thursday

All the lads gone home for the bank holiday weekend

Last year we had 3 county lads in the squad 1 starter
For this year in our back line alone from the team that started our last game last year we have 2 long term injuries 2 retirements 1 suspended for 8 weeks and 1 on holidays
1 midfielder working
2 forwards working
1 forward injured
So 9 of the starting team unavailable
We only had a panel of 20

Who was the 3 county lads? Shore Deasy and?

Shore played 2 championship games 1 the day before he had his operation on his shoulder so shouldn’t have played and 1 other and only played 3 times all year
Arron Hurley has been with us 9 years
Lar Prendergast and James Hoyne

Some great hurling men up there. Hard to replace Jimmy O Grady and Tom Boland in Scoil Fhursa. Is Liam Ryan still teaching there? Ye need a feeder school.

Liam is still.there
Problem at the moment is most of the lads started at 17 in junior b and division 7 and have been on the go full time for 8 years, getting to senior A and division 1 with nearly the same panel. lads are burned out. Add in 9 dual players and a panel of 20 this year’s amalgamation with o Tooles is the first minor team for 4 years

Isles 3:15 Barrog 2:24