Adult Football League 5 (AFL5) 2017

Skerries to loose

Balinteer 0-12 Clontarf 3-11

So who is the favourites now for the playoffs? Na Fianna a good win again yesterday but TSS seem to have a bit of form. Raheny v O Dwyers will be very close.

Is it 2nd plays 5th and 3rd plays 4th?

Yep.
Na Fianna v TSS & O’Dwyers v Raheny as it stands. O’Dwyers could leapfrog Na Fianna if they beat Skerries in their last match.

Very hard to call a winner from those 4, Raheny have beaten O’Dwyers and Na Fianna this year so might have a slight edge over them but TSS have had a couple of big wins lately

Throw the form book out the window for playoff games. Its all on the day.

Home advantage worth a couple of points though

Na Fianna drew with Raheny and beat O’Dwyers and TSS in the league.Agree all on the day when it comes to playoff games

I think form does come into it. Didnt Thomas Davis come in the form team last year and win it if i remember correct.

They did indeed, only loss they had going into it was against us in the cup final.
Can’t see there being much between all 4 teams. Should make for two cracking games…

Harps 2-10 O’Dwyers 2-9

Injury time goal to win it

That the league for Skerries ?

Yes by 3 points. They have only Boden left to play on Sunday.

ODwyers were robbed. They were the better team on the night leading all the way through.
Things got a bit nasty at the end.

Heartbreaking. Couldn’t bring myself to post the result last night. We dominated the second half after it being level at half time. 2 points up with 4 minutes of injury time played and then to concede a deflected goal.

Congrats to Skerries on winning the league. Playoffs for us now. Hopefully they will be stated Sunday week and not dragged out.

I make it
Na Fianna v TSS
O’Dwyers v Raheny

Unlucky last night.

Saturday/Sunday week is a hurling week so won’t be played until weekend of 14th/15th I reckon.

Yeah definitely won’t be 7th or 8th as we are in senior hurling and inter hurling championship games

Result last night wouldnt really have made a difference as Skerries would have still have one game to win the league and beat a bad boden team.

Congrats to Skerries, easily the best team in that league all year. To win the last game and go unbeaten would be a great way to do it. Enjoy it.

Scrappy enough game last night but Skerries kept going til the end and got their reward.

Unbelievable achievement to do back to back promotions with a championship thrown in there too