Adult Football League 5 (AFL5) 2017

Skerries will be deserved winners, best team we played this season.

Play off’s will be wide open. Raheny are on a great run. Wouldnt count out a rematch between themselves and Balbriggan to go up. Na Fianna have slipped back after a strong start. Wouldnt discount them returning to form with a full compliment. TSS would be outsiders for me.

As far as I know we have been on to Boden about getting it played ASAP but they seem to be happy to wait for the CCC to fix it.

Expect that one of the games will be fixed for w/e Sept 24th.

W/end of 24th Sept has senior hurling championship games fixed so that would suggest they are making it a hurling w/end.Only game that needs to be played is you v O’Dwyers so surely you can play that midweek and then the playoffs can be arranged

Playoff’s will be wide open indeed. Important to remember the timing of runs at this stage of the season will be crucial. Davis timed there’s excellently well last season and went up (They finished 5th as far as I can remember). Be an interesting few games.

O Dwyers looking good but were beaten by Raheny last week. TSS coming into form now too just from the result and no doubt back with a full set up. Very interesting. When will the play offs be played?

This league isnt over by any means, Skerries still have isles, Boden and Odwyers to play, all tuff games, if recent results are anything to go by.

It’s not over but with the players at their disposal I fully expect them to at least beat O’Dwyers which should seal it for them.

They only need to beat O’Dwyers as max points that Raheny can get is 21 and Skerries would be on 21 if they beat O’Dwyers and would win out over Raheny on the head to head.Last playoff spot could be interesting,all depending on TSS result against Raheny the next day

God love your maths lads. Our lads still need to win at least 3 of their remaining 5 games to be sure of it

but what if they only have 3 games left…

2 of their remaining 3. Only 13 games to be played here this year not 15 like most leagues.

FFS, I’ll shut me face then. forgot there was only 13 games to be played

:smiley:

As I said, irrespective of games left Skerries will win it.

By my reading of it, Skerries would only (!) need to beat Boden and Isles to be guaranteed 1st? Though if Boden are dragging their heals looks like Skerries Balbriggan up beforehand.

Templeogue Synge Street 1-13 Raheny 2-07
Erins Isle 2-06 Skerries Harps 2-14

Na fianna 3-14 Ballyboden 0-9,now the wait for the playoffs begin

Harps v O’Dwyers 26th Sept & Harps v Ballyboden 1st Oct according to fixtures on dublingaa.ie although not official until CCC issue fixtures.

Hats off to N.a. Fianna competing the way they are in the top 2 divisions

Genuinely believe Na Fianna’s resurgence partly stemmed from the imports around the late 90’s and early 00’s. Do the groundwork on the back of such successes and you’ll reap the rewards.