Adult Football League 5 (AFL5) 2017

Teams for this years league. League kicks off on March 5th with what should be a reverse of last years fixtures.

Castleknock
Ballinteer St Johns
Ballyboden St Endas
Clontarf
Craobh Chiarain
Erins Isle
Na Fianna
Naomh Mearnog
O’Dwyers
Raheny
Round Towers ©
Skerries Harps
St Maurs
St Peregrines
St Sylvesters
Templeogue Synge Street

Harps, Maurs, O’Dwyers. Tasty!

poor enough league, was a massive gap between the top 4/5 last yr to the rest, castlknock to win it
boden, tss, then craobh, na fianna, raheny and bsj fighting to make playoffs

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say our lads will be competitive in this too

cant see them touching knock, tss or boden these 3 teams will battle it out, boden will lose a good few during the summer, if tss have danny oreilly available to them they are very hard to stop

Listen Dear, thats in Someone Elses Hands…

Think we might have a chance this year,knocked on the door for last 2 years and most of the young lads will have J1s over plus we have a few down from our senior panel and a few experienced lads have come back , would expect to give it a right go

Having seen Skerries a few times last season and the depth of their panel they won’t be far away in this league

Ah come on, sure the Ballymun AFL7??? team bet them well in the B champo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i take it more minors than D7 players on the ballymun B team

Here we go again

AH FFS, will ya relax, I was only joking. Hence the smiley face…

Tough enough league, a lot of good sides in here!

Do Skerries still play games in that pitch in the massive dip?

Always good craic going away there.

Will be a very competitive league.The 2 promoted teams will be strong based on their senior teams promoted into Div 1.There doesnt appear to be a whipping boys team in it this year like Parnells and Garristown in the last 2 years

Who went down with parnells, Maurs or crumlin? O dwyers got a good few big beatings last year, they’d be one of the weakest

Crumlin

The Ballast pit? Its only for juvenile matches, too small for adult games, but yes there is still games on there, when its not flooded

According to the gradings that the CCC have just sent out there is only 14 teams in the league this year and there will be no relegation from in 2017 except for 2 failure to fulfil.

The teams not in this years league from the above list are Castleknock & St Sylvesters. It looks like CK are in AFL4 and looks like Sylvesters pulled the team. Not sure of any details, just speculating looking at the list.

are the gradings available