Adult Football League 3 (AFL3) 2017

Well done Finns. Going to be very tight for playoff spots, with only 2 points separating Finbarrs, Boughal, Parnells, Lusk and Barrog.

going to be a huge game between Ballyboughal and Lusk with the winners most likely taking the final playoff spot tasty local derby also

Yes, Lusk’s fate is in their own hands, with 2 home games left against Boughal and Finbarrs.

:frowning:

i think ballyboughal will beat lusk by 3 or 4 points

Battle lines being drawn ?

That’s serious fighting talk right there.

no connection to either club having seen both play this year i feel boughal are a better team

Heard ballyboughal beat lusk well.

Barrog beat Syls well too

Some scoring by Barrog and finbarrs tonight!

Yeah, Boughal won by 12 I think.

Is it neutral or is it the two highest teams get a home draw.?

Strange comment Whacker. Its odd that they are alot better than the 3 teams you mentioned but lost to 2 of them and drew with one of them this season.

Finbars look to be favourites. Racking up good scores. But in the playoffs anybody can beat anybody.

two highest get home advantage.

Is the playoff final neutral venue or do the team that finished highest in the league get home advantage?

Highest in the league gets home advantage

Are round towers Lusk out of the running for the playoffs if they beat finbarrs and barrog lost to ballymun

If Towers & Barrog finish on the same points, it should go on the result of their league match, so Barrog would go through on head to head.

Towers need to beat Finbarrs and Parnells need to lose both their remaining games to make the playoffs as far as I can see.

From CCC Átha Cliath Regulations 2017.
26. For the purposes of Rules 6.21(4)© / 6.38 T.O. 2016 the following shall apply to all League/ Championships, Leagues and Cups run on a league basis;
When teams finish on equal league points for Qualification for the concluding stages, or for promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified;
(i) Where two teams only are involved – the procedures as outlined in Rule 6.20 (5) © T.O. 2014 shall apply.
(ii) Where more than two teams are involved – Scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from the total scores for) of the games where the teams tied on points played each other only. In the event that a team involved in a tie consisting of more than two teams had their finishing points total affected by a loss of points against that team on a proven objection, forfeiture of points for breach of rule / regulation, or by loss of points for failing to fulfil a fixture, that team shall not be included in any play-off and shall deemed to have finished in last place in whatever means is used to decide the tie. The procedures outlined in Rule 6.21 (4) © T.O. 2016 shall then be used to separate the remaining teams in the tie.

_Rule 6.20 (5) _
(a) League results shall be credited as follows: Two points for a win, and one for a draw.
© Except where provided for otherwise in County Bye-Law or in competition regulation, when teams finish with equal points for qualification for the concluding stages, or for promotion or relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:
(i) Where two teams only are involved – the outcome of the meeting of the two teams in the previous game in the competition
(ii) Scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from total scores for)
(iii) Highest total score for
(iv) A play-off.

the naul look to be in trouble if ballymun win there last two which is very possible