Adult Football League 3 (AFL3) 2017

Fixtures available here

http://www.dublingaa.ie/competitions/fixtures/115507

Surly this will be the year for Fins to get out of the league after winning the Inter Championship last year.
Will be a tight league as always with Ballymun, St Marks, Finbars, Peregrines and Parnells all challenging for the playoffs IMO.

NAOMH FIONNBARRA-KILMACUD CROKES
GARDA-ST PEREGRINES
ST BRIGIDS-FINGALLIANS
CLANN MHUIRE-ST VINCENTS
BALLYBOUGHAL-BALLYBODEN ST ENDAS
BALLYMUN KICKHAMS-ROUND TOWERS L
ST SYLVESTERS-ST MARKS
NAOMH BARROG-PARNELLS

unless Parnells have brought through a few younger players, I think they won’t challenge at the top end of div 3 for a year or 2. I don’t think they’ll struggle but should be midtable

Great win for Towers in Ballymun this morning

did only two games go ahead??

Pergrines v Brigids goes ahead on Thursday 16th 20.15

Ballymun beat Ballyboden 3-7 to 0-12 last might

big win for ballyboughal over vins - parnells won too- must be the first for a while ?

Nells won their last two league games last year iirc…3 in a row…that’s effectively a win streak…good shout though…

Brigids 1-8 peregrines 1-8

RT Lusk beat Sylvesters 2-05 to 0-07 in Lusk this morning.

Left it very late I hear towers abĂş?

Yeah left it late alright, a bit like my reply Daithimor! 4-1 down at half time, playing against a strong wind. A cracking goal from Howley brought things level at start of 2nd half, but it was touch and go until a second goal from Healy near the end secured the win.

Late goal for brigids forced a draw, Pergrines very defensive at least 2 sweepers, young side a bit naive but plenty of legs, think they will go well this year if they keep the young lads for the summer, Brigids had most of the ball but found it tough to break down the blanket, good game…

gaelic football has largely been destroyed as a sport with sweepers unfortunately

Sport evolves, its a fact of life…doesn’t mean its ruined

A revolutionary coach/manager will come up with a ploy to destroy the blanket (high press / direct running / attacking from deep / high balls to big FF, whatever)…
or the rule-makers will outlaw it by tinkering with the game (baby steps in this regard).

Either way, the game is not destroyed…it just changes! I for one enjoy a tight defensive Ulster championship match just as much as a shoot-out in Munster…for different reasons.

Lots of sports have been through it, and life goes on.
Golf - make holes longer or tighter, rules re clubs/balls…etc
Rugby - loads of rule changes over time…
NFL - the proliferation of the passing game due to rule changes and safety concerns.
Tennis - changed the balls when big servers were taking over too much…
Cricket - one day formats.
Soccer - back pass rule, changes to offside…

Sorry mate it’s ruined. I’ve seen Div 8 teams with them. Unless the rules are changed it’s screwed. soccer and rugby have changed to adapt -we haven;t

With regards to the game in Question, very entertaining, teams that defend in numbers generally attack in numbers which can lead to some great counter attacking scores, eye of the beholder and all that…

My predictions for round 3 of games. Gonna stick with my prediction that fins should easily pull away in this league, the next 4 in the playoffs will be tough to call tho.

GARDA-NAOMH FIONNBARRA
ST BRIGIDS-KILMACUD CROKES
CLANN MHUIRE-ST PEREGRINES
BALLYBOUGHAL-FINGALLIANS
BALLYMUN KICKHAMS-ST VINCENTS
ST SYLVESTERS-BALLYBODEN ST ENDA
NAOMH BARROG-ROUND TOWERS L - Draw
ST MARKS-PARNELLS

GARDA-NAOMH FIONNBARRA
ST BRIGIDS-KILMACUD CROKES
CLANN MHUIRE-ST PEREGRINES
BALLYBOUGHAL**-FINGALLIANS**