Adult Football League 2 (AFL2) 2019

Bogies is a hard place to go and win, I fancy Finbars to pick up most of their points this season at home…but I think it will be a close one!

0 Likes

They will though saw Ballymun v Boden in first league game last year and Dublin lads looked they were middle of heavy training and didn’t stand out at all that day.

0 Likes

Noticed in Jim Gavin’s interview he mentioned club football this week when referencing how much game time lads have had , seems pointless to bring it up if he wasn’t going to let lads loose , I know county players played first game last year , so barring injury I’m expecting lads to line out this Sunday

0 Likes

Big day for Lusk on Sunday, with our first ever game in senior football, after 113 years of trying to get there!
Great to get a home game to start off with, but will be a tough game, especially if Costello is playing for Whitehall. Towers abú!

7 Likes

Might head down for a look. :+1:

1 Like

Best of luck men

1 Like

Raheny boughal off as per boughals insta

1 Like

RTL 2-11. Whitehall 0-09. Costello didn’t play

2 Likes

Castleknock 5-12 Naomh Mearnog 2-6

Ciaran played.

2 Likes

Adult Football League 1 (AFL1) 2019

Scoil 0-13 Clontarf 1-18
Castleknock 5-12 Mearnog 2-6
RTC 1-5 Na Fianna 0-12
St Sylvesters 4-06 Kilmacud 1-13
Naomh Fionnbarra 3-9 StMarys Saggart 1-10
St Pats P 0-8 Naomh Olaf 2-17
RTL 2-11 Whitehall 0-09.

1 Like

When was the last time yous lost a league game at home?

0 Likes

I was probably playing myself :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Boughal last year I think

0 Likes

Very strong record at home over the last few years I’d say anyway. Never had the pleasure of winning in Lusk meself :grimacing:

1 Like

Congratulations to Lusk winning their first ever senior game.

Where did Kilkenny play for castleknock? Did Jack Mc play for Clontarf?

2 Likes

Kilkenny played at 14.

1 Like

In the first half but more 11 / 9 in the second.

0 Likes

Kilmacud Crokes v Scoil Ui Chonaill - If Scoil are serious about finally winning the Inter C’Ship they need to be beating teams like Crokes, time is running out for them I’d say. Disappointing loss last week to Clontarf but, from what I heard, it was a close enough game bar 5/6 minutes of goalkeeping madness from Scoil

Naomh Olaf v Round Towers Lusk - Lusk a coming team, looking forward to how they get on in Div 2 but I think Olafs at home is too big of an ask for them. Olafs would be without Davy Byrne but have some serious young forwards, Tom Keane one to watch for me.

St Marys v St Patricks P - Marys should win this handy enough, Pats will struggle this year I’d say, just about stayed up last year & league has only gotten tougher again. Marys in Senior B final last year, a good team who dont know when they’re beaten.

Na Fianna v Naomh Fionbarra - Don’t really know much about Finbarrs, but Na Fianna always start Div 2 strongly so would expect them to win this one at home. “Lost” Div 2 Promotion to Olafs 2 season ago so would be expecting good things from them, especially with the constant supply of good underage players they should be getting.

Ballyboughal v Round Towers Clondalkin - RTC have a game under they’re beal already & are constant challenges in Div 2, would expect that extra game time to get them over. Ballyboughal were good last year, up challenging for promotion but hard to see them keeping that pace again in the tougher league. Seavers seems to be done with Dublin though so having him all the time is a massive bonus for them

Naomh Mearnog v Raheny - Mearnog won last year by 5/6 plus Mearnog have a game under their belt & will be out for blood after their thrashing v Castleknock. Wouldn’t count Raheny out though despite a very poor season last year, a young squad who just need a bit of leadership (when Fenton isnt there), the last game I saw of them was infamous Crokes match & if they play like that they could beat anyone, good to watch or not. I’d have to go with Mearnog though, home advantage plus game under their belt.

Clontarf v Castleknock - Clontarf to take this one at home, another team who will stay strong until summer when J1s catch up with them I’d say. Castleknock would also be w/o their 3 inter county forwards, Clontarf just w/o McCaffrey who wasn’t anything special v Scoil. Clontarf young team coming up, serious midfield potential in Nathan Doran & Anthony Foley, Kevin Lillis is a threat at 11 as well, think he scored 5/6 v Scoil, solid triangle there plus that U21 B champions last year & Minor A winners 2/3 years ago, so the squad probably has another 2/3 solid players to add

Whitehall Colmcille v St Sylvesters - Whitehall another team who struggled last year, Costello proved to be their saving grace in the last 2 games. Hard to see Syls losing this one. Whitehall are a coming team in the football, but I wonder how many of their better players are dual, we all know how much a killer that can be.

2 Likes

I’d agree with most of that but I think Ballyboughal might beat Towers Clondalkin. They were hard to beat at home last year

2 Likes

It’ll be close, but RTC did beat them by 12 last year at home.

Just looking at Boughals home record last year, they beat O’Tooles (by 7), Ravens (by 9), Annes (by 7), Mearnog (by 3) & Marys (by 6) at home & lost to Raheny (by 12) and Scoil (by 8). 3 of the teams they beat got relegated. granted you can only play what’s in front of you, but their record at home v teams still in Div 2 is 2 Wins & 2 Loses. So might not be as strong at home as we think.

I think a great positive of the 3 up & 3 down is that the league has become way more competitive & matchups will become even harder to call. of the 6 new teams in Div 2 5 of them won games (Syls beat Crokes so 6/6 wasnt possible)

2 Likes