Adult Football League 2 (AFL2) 2019

There is always an exception, and I can’t even imagine the sacrifices those lads must have made to be successful in both codes. I’d say there is such massive cross over between codes that both management teams are forced into being uber cooperative which would help a lot.

They did, but the league does not take up much focus in many counties outside of Dublin. AFL1 and AFL2 in Dublin are very competitive but leagues are often ran as a sort of pre season competition in many counties. The toll it takes for an individual to be a dual player in Dublin is higher in my opinion.

I remember talking with someone after Raheny game v Ballyboden, It was said that there was about 8/9 dual 1st team players

Craobh Chiaran, Crumlin and O’Tooles’s (as well as The Barrs) usually seem to have a lot of dual players playing for their first teams in both codes. Clubs that are traditionally stronger in hurling than in football usually fit this bill.

Cratloe in Clare are a prominent dual club. Have won hurling and football titles in recent years. Think they played championship 9/10 weekends in a row last year between hurling and football.

Remember them giving Dr Crokes a good rattle a few years back.

Thats the biggest problem isnt it :joy:

They play the football to keep fit for hurling

As usual very hard league to call , do think 3 up and 3 down does make the leagues more exiting . As usual the summer games will be crucial.

Just saw on Twitter that Paul Clarke is looking after Syls along with Keith Galvin…good appointment but is Clarkey not involved with JG & The dubs? Hardly have enough time to do both these days with the commitment needed for the roles?

Different Paul Clarke!!

I think he might have been with Plunketts before

Think he managed Fingal Ravens as well.

any word on fixtures out yet? AFL 1 just out there

https://www.dublingaa.ie/competitions/fixtures/136275

How are lads finding fixtures on main site

Go to the all fixtures and keep scrolling through the fixtures until the date and time for the adult fixtures and they are listed there.

https://www.dublingaa.ie/fixtures/P400#focus

:+1:

ST SYLVESTERS v KILMACUD CROKES
SCOIL UI CHONAILL v CLONTARF
CASTLEKNOCK v NAOMH MEARNOG
RAHENY v BALLYBOUGHAL
ROUND TOWERS C v NA FIANNA
NAOMH FIONNBARRA v ST MARYS S
ST PATRICKS P - NAOMH OLAF
ROUND TOWERS LUSK V WHITEHALL

Agree with everything but Finbars v Marys, I’d fancy St Marys to take that one.

Will Dublin players be available? Would make Clontarfs, Rahenys, Castleknocks & Whitehall’s games much easier.