Adult Football League 11 North (AFL11N) 2018

MOW win league, EGB play AFL 11 South second place in play-off for promotion…anyone else hear this?

Thought it was a play off between all the top 2 from each side of the League??

1 North plays 2 south and vice versa
3rd and 4th play north play off for 3rd promotional spot.

although that doesn’t make sense !
fixtures out for promotion play of between 3rd and fourth in each north & south

Baffled -

Where are they listed?!

Fixtures sent out to secretary’s today
Adult Football League Division Eleven North Pro/P-off Pairc Ciceam 14:30 Ballymun Kickhams v Whitehall Colmcille D. Andrews

Adult Football League Division Eleven South Pro/P-off Galtymore Road 14:30 Good Counsel v Ballinteer St Johns N. Murray

Southside league finished in July. Surely playoffs should have sooner? I know northside only finished recently.

Our last league game was in July. Gas craic.

Im sure yiz have been training twice a week since then :grinning:

When was this decided?

I have. Its the other lads I’m worreid about :smiley:

Im so confused… Its gone from “One More Year” to “One More Game, this year” in the blink of an eye

“The latest is as follows; There is only one Div 11 title and teams placed 1 and 2 play off in each of north and south play semi finals and final for that title. All 4 go up to Div 10. Two further teams (one from North and one from South) also go up. This is decided by a promotion playoff of the 3rd and 4th placed teams. The whole thing has come out of the blue as the promotion playoff is not noted in the rules for the competition. I would also expect that the Div 10 teams might not have been banking on 6 of them being demoted!”

This is on the Div 10 thread so the plot thickens

Theyll probably play the playoffs and promote nobody

Only 2 teams being relegated from Division 10 as per the adopted CCC regulations for 2018.

34. Football Relegation. In all Adult football Leagues (exception – AFL 10 and the lowest league) the last two teams in the division shall be relegated to the next lowest division. The 3rd last team shall play the 4th last team in a relegation play-off with the losing team also relegated to next lowest league division. The bottom two teams in AFL 10 shall be relegated. For the purpose of determining final league placing any team eliminated from a league shall be considered to have finished in last place in a league regardless of the points they have accumulated up to the time of their elimination and shall be relegated.

You could be right on that

We are out of here! Gruelling last few years, alot of rebuilding has been done especially this year and our rewards were met, EGB abú

You’ll miss the the craic. Good luck in the Big leagues, you where by far the best team we’ve played all year

Thanks, we not playing play off its just between MOW and Round Towers for final

ballymun v Whitehall called of this weekend